PDA

View Full Version : chimney sweep

chaz
18-Oct-10, 14:19
Chmney see needed an anyone recomend a good clean,reasonably priced one?
Thanks chaz x

neepnipper
18-Oct-10, 15:46
Hi - my hubbie is a chimney sweep, Clean Sweep Maintenance you can call him on 07743256816 or 01955 631733.

Yellow-wellies
20-Oct-10, 22:14
Calum Hossack from Thurso is your man Does a great job and leaves no mess unlike some of the jokers going round pretending to be chimney sweeps.His family have been doing it for over 40 years so that says it all

neepnipper
20-Oct-10, 22:15
Should also add my hubbie is fully insured and is a member of the Institute of Chimney Sweeps and has 25 years experience, he can also issue certificates for insurance purposes.

Yellow-wellies
20-Oct-10, 22:18
Is he the guy with the Henry hoover??

Yellow-wellies
20-Oct-10, 22:21
Arent these organisations ones where you pay a fee so you can use their logo?Anyone competent who performs any service would have insurance so do you pay extra for a piece of paper when you get your chimney swept?????

neepnipper
20-Oct-10, 22:31
I am not having a discussion on here about my husbands ability to sweep chimneys, he had to do a lot more than pay a fee to become a member.

Someone wanted a recommendation, my husband does a good, thorough job at a good price.

If you mean by a piece of paper a certificate for insurance purposes he does not charge extra for issuing one, if you mean his insurance, then, yes, of course any business should have insurance, unfortunately some of the 'jokers' you talk about probably havn't.

Yellow-wellies
20-Oct-10, 22:58
I am afraid I have been on this institutes website and there is no mention of your hubby being a memeber.If he had to do a lot to become a member then it seems strange that hes not got his name on their webpage

neepnipper
21-Oct-10, 05:50
Thank you for pointing that out to me, I can assure you he is a member and will be contacting them today to ask why he is not listed on their website, thank you for your assistance in this matter.

Yellow-wellies
21-Oct-10, 07:13
Seems strange to pay all that money and yet you havent checked to see that they advertise your details.Perhaps a refund is in order-they cant be much of an organisation if they didnt post your details on their website.

chaz
21-Oct-10, 09:24
Thank you both for your help xx

neepnipper
21-Oct-10, 13:29
Seems strange to pay all that money and yet you havent checked to see that they advertise your details.Perhaps a refund is in order-they cant be much of an organisation if they didnt post your details on their website.

I have contacted ICS and asked why my husband is not listed on their website, they were extremely apologetic, it has been an oversight on their part, he will be listed on there very shortly.

Thank you once again for pointing this matter out, I had not looked either to check he was listed which was lapse of me, at least it is sorted out now.

chaz
09-Nov-10, 18:18
Hi - my hubbie is a chimney sweep, Clean Sweep Maintenance you can call him on 07743256816 or 01955 631733.

Thank you neepnipper, what a very pleasant man who got the job done even although it was packed with nests:eek:
many thanks would recomend him to anyone:)