PDA

View Full Version : Introducing Chase

unicorn
17-Oct-10, 23:09
Just got home a wee while ago so here are a couple of quick webcam pictures.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11006382/chase1.jpg

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11006382/chase2.jpg

Liz
17-Oct-10, 23:12
Aw Chase is absolutely beautiful!!!!
Looks like she's made herself at home already.:D

Congratulations on such a lovely addition to your family. xx

Dadie
17-Oct-10, 23:13
Lovely wee thing...
Looks like you will have your hand full:lol:

merlzin
17-Oct-10, 23:35
aw,gorgeous dog.

teenybash
18-Oct-10, 00:05
what a sweet looking little soul......but there is mischief in those eyes.:D

Sarah
18-Oct-10, 00:44
He/she is gorgeous! Whippet?

unicorn
18-Oct-10, 10:46
Yes Chase is a wee girl and she is Whippet, There is most definately mischief in those eyes [lol] She behaved so beautifully on the way back from Wales though, I am delighted with her.

_Ju_
18-Oct-10, 12:16
Is she w whippet weimaraner cross? Her colouring is so striking she looks a little like a Weimarener.

unicorn
18-Oct-10, 14:56
No Ju she just has the most fabulous blue colouring. She is pedigree whippet from a breeder who has been working and breeding this line for 26 years.

froal
18-Oct-10, 18:33
Lovely blue pup whats her breeding..?:)
Is she just a pet or for something more..!!

balto
18-Oct-10, 19:39
what a beautiful pup, bet she was worth all the traveling, glad to see you survived lol(unicorn knows what i mean)[lol]

shazzap
18-Oct-10, 20:01
cute...........:)

unicorn
18-Oct-10, 20:59
She is bred by Mike Brown,so sooty sam, lord of the night, strike while the irons hot and much laguna in there.
I plan to breed her in time with my boy, who was bred by Simon Hansell of Rimrock kennels, His stock came from Mike. I contacted Mike with my plan for my boy, This little girl and him will work very well together.
I would also like to give showing a try with her, but I am a complete novice where that is concerned [lol]

buggyracer
19-Oct-10, 09:33
She is bred by Mike Brown,so sooty sam, lord of the night, strike while the irons hot and much laguna in there.
I plan to breed her in time with my boy, who was bred by Simon Hansell of Rimrock kennels, His stock came from Mike. I contacted Mike with my plan for my boy, This little girl and him will work very well together.
I would also like to give showing a try with her, but I am a complete novice where that is concerned [lol]

Mike Browns whippets have a very good reputation as working dogs, may be tempted for a pup off you if you breed them in a few years :)

Dadie
19-Oct-10, 09:42
How is she settling in now?
Is she as mishcievious as she looks (its in the eyes:lol:)
And has she seen the rabbits?

unicorn
19-Oct-10, 19:43
I have to say buggyracer it was an absolute joy to see Mikes dogs, they are stunning and so, so strong, absolute powerhouses.
Well Chase is still being a little star, well I didn't think that at 6 this morning when she decided it was morning time, I am no early bird.
You can see mum and dad here, mum is Bonny dad is Rip http://www.mikeswhippets.com/

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g137/unicorn111/chase/043.jpg

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g137/unicorn111/chase/046.jpg

Sarah
19-Oct-10, 19:57
She is stunning! A heartbreaker. Well worth the long journey I imagine. Is she to be a pet or a worker?

unicorn
19-Oct-10, 20:22
She will be pet and hopefully show her, I would love to work them but the risk of injury is quite high, Corrie has worked and even now when out he is desperate to work, I often feel bad that he doesn't have somewhere that he can just put up a rabbit and catch it.

froal
20-Oct-10, 21:05
Maybe see you out and about on the showing circut next year then...!!:)

Allsorts
20-Oct-10, 21:53
She is beautiful and enjoy her xx

skinnydog
22-Oct-10, 21:38
OMG!! Sure will be knocking on Mike's door when the poor old man eventually passes on. Some simply stunning dogs on his website.. Chase is so sweet too.

unicorn
22-Oct-10, 21:49
Mikes dogs are phenomenal to handle, so muscular and strong, I just fell in love with them when I got Corrie which is why I bit the bullet and got a bitch from him.

froal
22-Oct-10, 22:52
One of mike's dogs 'Greatcoates Pistol Pete' is one of my bitches half brother as i have 'Greatcoates Pandora's Box' ! they both have the same mum 'Smiths lady luck' Our bitch has much the same lines as your dogs but she's also got Oakbark which is Showing lines.
It'll be nice to see how she turn's out at 6 months old ! :D

unicorn
23-Oct-10, 00:09
We have Oakbark here too, Not got Mike's Smiths lady's luck though :lol:

froal
23-Oct-10, 19:15
you should join the Whippet Forum they have everything from Racing, Coarsing & Showing covered..!! :D

unicorn
23-Oct-10, 19:41
Which forum is that froal do you have a link? I am a member of K9.

froal
23-Oct-10, 21:52
Yeh not good with links...!! but i normaly just google it in The Whippet Forum they have a home page then from that they have the forum which is good to join i use to go on K9 but changed as all my Showing friends are on there...!!:D

unicorn
23-Oct-10, 22:02
Cheers for that I will have a look.

Bradcon
28-Oct-10, 16:39
She looks great. Bet she is a bundle of fun!!

Glad she is settling in well.