PDA

View Full Version : Newly signed up;

janeytgee
17-Oct-10, 19:05
HI ALL

I just found your site today while browsing as I am trying to help my daughter-in-law find her Caithness ancestors,she has her granmother's birth/cert so it's a start and I have posted on the site some of the info
we have.

I am looking forward to hearing from other members, we live here in Ontario,Canada, and I am not familiar with Caithness area having no ancestors from there.

Kind regards;

Janey;:D

canuck
17-Oct-10, 20:09
Welcome janeytgee. There are a handful of Ontario Canadians on caithness.org. They are a great bunch and keep me sane with snippets of home when I am feeling so very far away from everything red and white.

Caithness is a wonderful area, the people are gems and the website is a great place to find information. The chatter on the forum is unique.

I hope things prove to be successful in your hunt for ancestral information.

Kodiak
17-Oct-10, 21:45
http://i49.tinypic.com/9ztts0.jpg

David Banks
18-Oct-10, 01:43
Welcome - from Nova Scotia.

It might be worth while paying to go on ancestry.ca for a month or two - they have a large database - but maybe its their TV advertising is just getting to me.

I've also heard that the software "My Brothers Keeper" is good.

Ricco
18-Oct-10, 07:41
Welcome, Janey. It might also be useful for her to register with Ancestry.co.uk if she had relatives over here. It is the leading UK site.