PDA

View Full Version : Wick deserted

badger
17-Oct-10, 16:03
Driving round Wick this morning I've never seen it so empty and my passengers agreed. I collect them from one of the main roads in and usually have to wait ages just to open the car door. Not today - hardly a car in sight. Not many people in town either.

Is there some big event I've missed? Can't be the Mod so what?

cuddlepop
17-Oct-10, 16:04
Driving round Wick this morning I've never seen it so empty and my passengers agreed. I collect them from one of the main roads in and usually have to wait ages just to open the car door. Not today - hardly a car in sight. Not many people in town either.

Hangovers.....;)

badger
17-Oct-10, 19:20
Hangovers.....;)

If it was Thurso maybe but I thought Wick pubs were saying there was no-one there. Maybe they didn't make it back from Thurso :roll:

brandy
17-Oct-10, 19:28
just sunday morning i guess..

Corrie 3
17-Oct-10, 19:45
One thing for sure....You wont see many teenagers before noon!!!

C3....:roll:;)

John Little
17-Oct-10, 19:54
The first nip of winter is in the air. Folk stay in bed - very sensible. And they stay in, doing all the indoor jobs they've been saving up

golach
17-Oct-10, 19:56
The first nip of winter is in the air. Folk stay in bed - very sensible. And they stay in, doing all the indoor jobs they've been saving up

I had a couple of nips last night, I never sept in :lol:

John Little
17-Oct-10, 20:00
LOL - that's the sort of nips that keep the cold out. You might be cold but you don't care.:)

Vistravi
17-Oct-10, 21:53
We got a lie in today. Slept til 8.30 when monkey decided to wake up.

Was out in the car this morning and there wasn't many people about in thurso either. Defintly had the better idea of staying in bed ;)

Blarney
17-Oct-10, 22:01
I bet they're not in church either!
It could be that there are a lot of folk away with it being the school holidays and prices are cheaper than in the height of summer.

Scarybiscuits03
17-Oct-10, 23:31
I bet they're not in church either!
It could be that there are a lot of folk away with it being the school holidays and prices are cheaper than in the height of summer.

Or maybe they have just returned from hol and realised how precious their own beds are!!!!....:lol:

Metalattakk
18-Oct-10, 04:26

Why does Wick need to be busy on a Sunday morning?