PDA

View Full Version : decorator

rangers1873
17-Oct-10, 12:38
looking for someone to do my living room that does not charge a arm and a leg, only say this as my niece got a decorator in a couple of years ago to do a homer and he charged £10.oo a roll which was dearer than it cost to buy a roll of paper. living room is half and half

Droopy
17-Oct-10, 13:31
looking for someone to do my living room that does not charge a arm and a leg, only say this as my niece got a decorator in a couple of years ago to do a homer and he charged £10.oo a roll which was dearer than it cost to buy a roll of paper. living room is half and half

Very reasonable Id say, if you get anyone to do it cheaper...beware! In the words of Red Adair.......If you think the professionals are expensive, wait and see what the amatuers will cost you.

And by the way, what has the price of the paper got to do with it? If anything, cheaper paper is more of a hassle to hang.

Gronnuck
17-Oct-10, 14:02

Is DIY not an option?

theone
17-Oct-10, 14:37

You'll get 4 lengths out a roll of paper in an average room.

£2.50 a length is an absolute bargain I would say.

Leanne
17-Oct-10, 16:39
If you get 4 lengths off a roll it takes probably an hour to do - £10 an hour is pretty reasonable...

Someone I know was charged £800 for 3 bedrooms and one of them was a boxroom!

ducati
17-Oct-10, 17:39
A bit off topic. but I read all the time this or that wanted, has to be cheap!

If people were prepared to pay a decent rate for a service (or goods) then I am sure we would be better served by more and diverse professionals in this area. ;)