PDA

View Full Version : Liberal Democrats.

Corrie 3
15-Oct-10, 18:12
Now that the ConDem govt is firmly established I would be interested in anyones views as a LibDem supporter as to what they now think of their party.
If I recall correctly the Tories and LibDems were always at each others throats and now they make love together and flaunt it before us, the Electorate.
If there was an election tomorrow would you still vote for the LibDems?
I personally would vote for UKIP if anyone would stand up here for the party.
The smugness on Danny Alexander and Nick Cleggs face's is enough to put me off them for life!!!

C3...[evil][evil]

bekisman
15-Oct-10, 18:53
Now that the ConDem govt is firmly established I would be interested in anyones views as a LibDem supporter as to what they now think of their party.
If I recall correctly the Tories and LibDems were always at each others throats and now they make love together and flaunt it before us, the Electorate.
The smugness on Danny Alexander and Nick Cleggs face's is enough to put me off them for life!!!

C3...[evil][evil]

Nope I'm not a LD, but am I the only one who's looked at this thread in half an hour?

Corrie 3
15-Oct-10, 19:02
Nope I'm not a LD, but am I the only one who's looked at this thread in half an hour?

Probably, but its early days yet isnt it ? I suspect that everyone is getting their evening meal ready using local grown food of course!!

C3... ;)

ducati
15-Oct-10, 19:21
I don't support Lib Dem but they manned up and formed the coilition when it counted so they get my vote. Well, no they don't, but you get what I mean ;)

Commore
15-Oct-10, 19:26
Nope,
I looked at it, but decided that the orgers most likely wouldn't want to read my view on politics
my lovely old father said, two things never to discuss, religion and politics,
wise words methinks.:)

Commore
15-Oct-10, 19:29
Probably, but its early days yet isnt it ? I suspect that everyone is getting their evening meal ready using local grown food of course!!

C3... ;)
Do I detect some sarcasm there? you know what they say about "sarcasm" don't you.

Fly
15-Oct-10, 23:07

C3...[evil][evil]

Although I was a life-long supporter of the Liberal party then the Lib-dems I changed my vote at the last minute last election as I could no longer support them because of their policy on the EU, immigration and crime and punishment. I agree about UKIP.

redeyedtreefrog
15-Oct-10, 23:31
Greens FTW

bagpuss
18-Oct-10, 22:28
Bob Mclennan was known as 'Blubbering Bob' in Westminster, but he did his best for the north, and when he moved from Labour to the Lib Dems, support followed first him and later John Thurso.

however, think on- the Lib Dems chucked out Charles Kennedy as their leader- and now have Clegg- virtually unknown until recently- who did a u turn and is now more Tory than Dave.

with a Scottish election looming- and Jamie Stone standing down to be replaced by a former Tory, my old father thinks Gordon (Still Standing) Campbell as good a candidate for the far north as any

sphinx
18-Oct-10, 22:39
as far as i can see they are going to tax us to death libdems wont get my vote its the greedy bankers that put us in this mess and yet the goverment did nothing it should be the bankers that pay not hthe taxpayer the banks make millions i say tax them not the people and the old its just getting by :(

Blarney
18-Oct-10, 22:42
Bob Mclennan was known as 'Blubbering Bob' in Westminster, but he did his best for the north, and when he moved from Labour to the Lib Dems, support followed first him and later John Thurso.

however, think on- the Lib Dems chucked out Charles Kennedy as their leader- and now have Clegg- virtually unknown until recently- who did a u turn and is now more Tory than Dave.

with a Scottish election looming- and Jamie Stone standing down to be replaced by a former Tory, my old father thinks Gordon (Still Standing) Campbell as good a candidate for the far north as any
I take it that you haven't met the aforementioned chappie then??? The man would be a suitable candidate for the Monster Raving Loony Party - he lost what was left of his marbles years ago but can be relied upon to provide an injection of humour into an otherwise sombre affair. As daft as a lavatory brush, he has me in hoots of laughter but could never be taken seriously in a political arena.

bagpuss
18-Oct-10, 22:58
and absolutely the same as any Lib Dem or Tory candidate they can put forward.

I have met him several times- he canvasses in care homes- where he goes down rather well

oldmarine
19-Oct-10, 14:59
Being a citizen of the US of A, I don't want to get caught up in the political system of the USA or Great Britain, etc. I was a long-time faithful Democrat (the party of my parents) until I voted for the peanut farmer Jimmy Carter. After 4 years of him and a fouled-up country I had to help get him out of office. I did not vote for the current president Obama and after 2 years of him I have watched my country recede from one of the strongest countries to something much less. We are deeper in national debt than we have ever been and I don't believe we will ever climb out of debt. Communist China currently owns our National Debt. I also believe we should quit trying to police the world and bring our troops back home where they belong. We were an isolationist nation before we got into WW2 and our country did not want to go to war until after we were attacked by the Japanese Empire. I had been overseas in the Pacific Theatre when we dropped the 2 devastating A-Bombs. At the time I thought it was a good idea as it did get me home, but not until President Truman sent me to North China where I spent an additional 3 months. Finally, after leaving home on September 3, 1942 I got back home on February 7, 1946. The political scene has changed so many times I don't know what to claim at the current age of 85 years. I hope you people in Great Britain are having better luck. By the way, I enjoyed my 3 times in Scotland (in particular Thurso) plus many times through England while on my way to other parts of Europe. Scotland (Caithness) is a beautiful place to be.

Bless you all.....

oldmarine
19-Oct-10, 15:02
Thank you for this web site forum and the opportunity to post my comments.

ducati
19-Oct-10, 20:54

I, and I am sure many others enjoy your posts.

Thank You :D

bagpuss
20-Oct-10, 22:55
But didn't young Nick and Danny look so pretty on the front benches today? Their Mums must be so pround they've grown up and joined a proper political party

teenybash
20-Oct-10, 23:23

Always enjoy seeing you here on the org and reading your words.
By the way, I know this is off topic, but have read The Shack.....very thought provoking.
As for the LD's.....:confused

oldmarine
21-Oct-10, 05:13
Always enjoy seeing you here on the org and reading your words.
By the way, I know this is off topic, but have read The Shack.....very thought provoking.
As for the LD's.....:confused

I likewise have read THE SHACK. Enjoyed it very much.