PDA

View Full Version : R.I.P Gizmo

porshiepoo
15-Oct-10, 13:37
15 years of being part of our family but we had to let the little man go this morning. :(
The dog we couldn't afford as a puppy so swapped a car for him.

Collapsed trachea and congestive heart failure were just getting too much for a little Yorkie to cope with and we weren't prepared to watch him go through anymore.
Have to admit it was the hardest thing to do especially for my daughter, but after 15 years of loyalty it was the kindest thing we could finally do for him.

Run free Gizmo at Rainbow Bridge.
xxxx

Liz
15-Oct-10, 13:43
Oh I am so very, very sorry Porshiepoo.:~(

You have 15 wonderful years of memories to comfort you once the awful pain of losing your lovely Gizmo eases a bit.

He will definitely be waiting for you at Rainbow Bridge and be so thankful to you for ending his suffering.

Thinking of you. xx

shazzap
15-Oct-10, 13:54
Very sorry for you. :~(
I have a Yorkie too, they are full of character.

Jovi
15-Oct-10, 13:55
So sorry to hear your sad news,after 15 years you must have a lot of precious memories.

All boxed up
15-Oct-10, 14:30
So sorry for your Loss Porshiepoo :~( RIP Gizmo xx

teenybash
15-Oct-10, 16:50
So very, very sorry your wee Gizmo had to go off on his special journey to live among the furry angels. Rest assured the kindness and love you shared for the past 15 years he will hold dearly in his heart, as you will in yours.
Lots of huggles to you and your family. xx:~(

hell raizer
15-Oct-10, 17:17
so sorry to hear about Gizmo, i know how we felt when we lost Morgan, we were heartbroken. rest in peace Gizmo

porshiepoo
15-Oct-10, 17:49
Thanks for all of your kind comments.

Having a pet PTS never gets easier but it's the last kindness we can offer them.
Must admit that I feel like a hard nosed bitch though cos I never cry at these times (I never cry full stop. At all. Ever)
I shake and dread it but if I know it's for the right reasons then I am surprisingly matter of fact about it.
I am sad and upset that we've lost a fabulous pet that has never given us a days worry over 15 years but I'm happy for Gizmo because he's no longer in any pain.
He's running free now with all our other loved and lost pets.

aurora32
15-Oct-10, 18:09
So sorry for your loss. Its always hard to loose a much loved pet especially one thats been a part of the family for so long.

If it should be that I grow frail and weak
And pain should keep me from my sleep,
Then will you do what must be done,
For this -- the last battle -- can't be won.
You will be sad I understand,
But don't let grief then stay your hand,
For on this day, more than the rest,
Your love and friendship must stand the test.
We have had so many happy years,
You wouldn't want me to suffer so.
When the time comes, please, let me go.
Take me to where to my needs they'll tend,
Only, stay with me till the end
And hold me firm and speak to me
Until my eyes no longer see.
I know in time you will agree
It is a kindness you do to me.
Although my tail its last has waved,
From pain and suffering I have been saved.
Don't grieve that it must be you
Who has to decide this thing to do;
We've been so close -- we two -- these years,
Don't let your heart hold any tears.

cherokee
15-Oct-10, 19:23
My heart goes out to you on your very sad loss of Gizmo, always remember he'd 15 very happy years with you porshiepoo......:(

Once again Aurora32 - such a comforting poem.

merlzin
15-Oct-10, 22:32
so sorry for your loss.:(

purplelady
15-Oct-10, 23:51
It is such a hard thing to do is'nt it it is something that is still raw to me has been just under 2 weeks since i had to have my lovely cat PTS so i know how you feel xxxxxxxxxx

Margaret M.
16-Oct-10, 03:37
Sorry for your loss, Porshiepoo. RIP Gizmo.