PDA

View Full Version : sky calling?

annemarie482
15-Oct-10, 09:48
has anyone else had a call from sky offering them upgrades?
funny thing is,they didn't seem to realise i dont even have sky....:roll::confused
got me wondering if it really was sky,they withheld they're number too. anyway sent them packing.[evil] lol

bekisman
15-Oct-10, 10:12
Think it's this one: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2061775

annemarie482
15-Oct-10, 10:17
sounds like it!
man was shocked after all his speil when i said i dont even have sky and wanted to know how he had my number.
he promptly hung up.

brandy
15-Oct-10, 15:01
i keep having "dell" or "microsoft" calling me telling me that my pc has viruses or internal problems and they want to help me fix them.
some crap on how my pc has sent info on line to them.
i told them they were full of it..
and they went on about how no.. it was this or that.. blah blah..
and then i said, how can the computer your talking about send you a message when its not even connected to the internet?
they then hung up on me.
i may have been born at night but it wasnt last night!

purplelady
16-Oct-10, 00:00
i keep having "dell" or "microsoft" calling me telling me that my pc has viruses or internal problems and they want to help me fix them.
some crap on how my pc has sent info on line to them.
i told them they were full of it..
and they went on about how no.. it was this or that.. blah blah..
and then i said, how can the computer your talking about send you a message when its not even connected to the internet?
they then hung up on me.
i may have been born at night but it wasnt last night!
good on you brandy heard something about that xxxx

dafi
16-Oct-10, 00:15
Yup i have had that one over and over. I let them get on with it one day and after ten mins they were offering me a free trial of some software that they would send by email and all i would have to do is click on the link.......yea right oh then!!!!

I just answer now by saying that i only comunicate by email so they can email me and i will get back to them...of course they cant do that cos all they have is a phone book that they are ploughing through...sickening waste of time....mine not theirs of course.

My old mum gets the same thing and she does not even have a computer!!