PDA

View Full Version : Bored Mother

connieb19
29-Jul-06, 12:00
I came across this article and thought it quite interesting. :confused

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=397672&in_page_id=1770

sjwahwah
29-Jul-06, 12:04
I think that woman is completely off her head. If women have that attitude they should skip havin' kids alltogether unless the father has a different attitude about it.

Ann
29-Jul-06, 12:52
I admire her honesty, even though she probably was very well paid for putting such an emotive article in print.

She is right in a lot of ways (in my opinion) as children who are constantly in the company of Mum or Dad and are continually being advised on what to do and how to do it, do not develop their own sense of creativity and independence.

Behind the attention-grabbing headlines are some very real issues being faced up to. Better that a nanny help with the upbringing than having a mother constantly nagging, whining, and having tantrums!

Bobinovich
29-Jul-06, 16:58
There have been times when I've come in from work and seen the stress on my wife's face and have simply said "right kids, jackets on - we're going to the park". I agree that kids can be very demanding - both in time and patience - and that, in most cases, it is the mothers who bear the brunt of it.

While dad's "excuse" of having to work is valid - we all need to keep a roof over the family and food in their tummies - it does not preclude fathers from doing their bit. Regardless of having spent 8 - 10 hours working, consider it as wind-down time taking the kids to the park, or swimming, or to the beach, or anything so that mum can put her feet up for an hour or so and relax.

sapphire
29-Jul-06, 18:27
When I had my children (a few years ago ) I was lucky in that I did not have to go back to work...in fact it didn't cross my mind.Anyway .the point is that although I was with them all the time I loved every minute and just couldn't understand the mothers who dreaded school holidays.I just don't get the 'my children bore me ' bit.Sounds awfully selfish.Even though they are now grown up my 'children' are still the most important people to me and I'll never tire of their company,and I look forward with relish to the day when they inevitably increase our family further!
I know that some people haven't been so lucky as to have been able to make the choices I have so please be aware that this is just my situation and that I am not judging every parent who does not stay at home!!

DW
29-Jul-06, 18:42
Didn't see the article but the problem with today is the pressure put on people to return to work early.

I must admit that I still hold the belief that mums should be at home to look after the kids at least until the kids are receiving education of some kind. I fully appreciate how hard this is ( it was hard enough many years ago); I remember working 2 jobs so we could get by on one person's money; definitely a worthwhile sacrifice.

Single parents will always have the hardest time with this choice.

sassylass
29-Jul-06, 19:12
What a sad situation. Not all women are cut out for motherhood and that's fine and dandy. It's true that one might not realize it until baby has already arrived, that's unfortunate. However, this mother went on to have a second child and now she speaks loudly and clearly about how bored she is by motherhood. That's cruel. [disgust]

As young as her boys are, they already know that she finds them uninteresting and a burden. I wonder if she will find them interesting when they have finished school and are beginning their adult lives. By then they will find HER boring and a burden.

sjwahwah
29-Jul-06, 22:54
I think her attitude is a representation of the reason for the downfall of modern society...

DW
30-Jul-06, 12:52
I think her attitude is a representation of the reason for the downfall of modern society...

Not so sure about the downfall, but I agree that the cohesion and structure of modern society has suffered from the erosion of the family as a unit.

And I am not meaning the stereotypical 'family', more the notion of a family as a basis for love, understanding, and education. Doesnae have to be maw, paw, and 2 weans to fulfil a family role.

sjwahwah
30-Jul-06, 13:14
agreed.. but, the way I look at it... when you have children... as I do.. it's not about yourself anymore.. you're preparing them for this insane little world we live in and you need all the years and all the time you can to help them understand it the best they can and they are not just some boring little mess you pay for a nanny to watch not while just at work.. but, even when your not... that woman is a right nightmare and i feel terrible for her children.