PDA

View Full Version : spiders eeeek

Lingland
14-Oct-10, 13:27
Please Can anyone give me advice/help about a device that keeps creepy crawlies out of house especially spiders thanx

Dadie
14-Oct-10, 13:30
:eek:conkers...horse chestnut spray from lakeland.
Other things I use in my arsonal against those scary 8 legged things is fly spray, hairspray, hoover and steam cleaner.....I cant actually bear to get close enough to use the bug catcher.......

Mrs Bucket
14-Oct-10, 13:44
:eek:conkers...horse chestnut spray from lakeland.
Other things I use in my arsonal against those scary 8 legged things is fly spray, hairspray, hoover and steam cleaner.....I cant actually bear to get close enough to use the bug catcher.......
Thanks I can actually manage the bug catcher(big achievment) but I would prefer they stayed away and I think you get some sort of electornic gadget that emits a sound that keeps them away maybe someone here knows about it

bekisman
14-Oct-10, 13:45
Please Can anyone give me advice/help about a device that keeps creepy crawlies out of house especially spiders thanx

Mrs Beks is terrified of spiders, so in her little studio she uses SpiderEX - she swears by it - seems to keep the blighters out..

http://www.spiderex.co.uk/

thejudd
14-Oct-10, 13:45
The sonic plug in things are supposed to do good

Sandra_B
14-Oct-10, 14:10
We keep conkers on the window sills, seems to work.

Dadie
14-Oct-10, 14:41
The plug in things are only ok if you dont have little furries as pets.
we have hamsters ....
Dont think they are good for those with reptiles either..

porshiepoo
14-Oct-10, 14:51

The Dyson (purple pet one) does wonders for me. In fact if it was a wet and dry hoover I'd be sucking up all the freaking frogs and newts we have here as well. Darned things form frickin armies, it's getting reeeeeeally dangerous to go past the pond area now.

Connor.
14-Oct-10, 14:52
There is a powder which you can put around the edges of your carpet and on windowsills, it is like tiny little spikes that pierce through the spiders body and kill it off, it's not harmful to animals like cats. Think you can get it from Gardening stores.

shazzap
14-Oct-10, 14:52
We keep conkers on the window sills, seems to work.

Does this really work?
Do you have to put conkers all over the house, how many do you have on your window sills. Cheers.:)

Dadie
14-Oct-10, 14:56
Right time of year to get the conkers .. if you can find a tree with them on...in Caithness there is not many...
I like to have 2 or 3 per windowsill...but they need replaced ever so often.
So if you see me collecting them :lol:

George Brims
14-Oct-10, 18:39
Thanks I can actually manage the bug catcher(big achievment) but I would prefer they stayed away and I think you get some sort of electornic gadget that emits a sound that keeps them away maybe someone here knows about it
Those sonic devices achieve nothing other than lightening of the wallet.

annemarie482
14-Oct-10, 19:13
i hoover mine with the hose :lol::roll:
or command the dog to eat! lol

shazzap
14-Oct-10, 21:16
Just watching a programme on BBC2. Funnily enough on this programme.
An experiment was done with spiders and conkers, and apparently the conkers theory doesn't work.

Dadie
14-Oct-10, 21:19
depends on how far and hard and accurately you can throw em:lol:

Kodiak
14-Oct-10, 21:22
Try "No More Spiders" it is a Repellent and not a killer. Here is a Link where you can buy a Spray Bottle for £2.95 + P&P.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/No-More-Spiders-Spider-repellent-spray-not-killer-/120630624611?pt=UK_Home_Garden_Garden_Plants_Weed_ Pest_Control_CV&hash=item1c16254163

shazzap
14-Oct-10, 21:26
depends on how far and hard and accurately you can throw em:lol:

Ha ha.........:lol:

George Brims
14-Oct-10, 21:36
Just think yourself lucky you don't live in Australia, where many of the spiders are toxic, some to the point of being fatal. Here in California we get Black Widows. Although those can supposedly give you a nasty bite, they don't seem to be immune to the sole of a shoe coming down on them (had one in the garage last week).

Dadie
14-Oct-10, 21:46
I dont chance anything with those 8 legged things...
Seen stories about nasty ones in banana shipments....etc..
And I know arachnaphobia is only a 12 rated or is it a PG film but it scares me to death!

ducati
14-Oct-10, 21:52
According to Autumn Watch there are some 650 different species of spider in the UK. :eek:

My cats vie with each other to see you has eaten the most species :lol:

Dadie
14-Oct-10, 21:56
Thats 650 too many....:eek:
Plus how many exotic pet ones that have escaped..?

Lingland
15-Oct-10, 14:17
Thanks for replying all options being considered.

Ricco
16-Oct-10, 07:29
The Dyson (purple pet one) does wonders for me. In fact if it was a wet and dry hoover I'd be sucking up all the freaking frogs and newts we have here as well. Darned things form frickin armies, it's getting reeeeeeally dangerous to go past the pond area now.

Porshie - you need a couple of chickens. They eat EVERYthing! I love to have frogs around our pond but the chickens have eaten the lot! They even try to catch the odd squirrel that ventures into the garden. Come to think of it.... they do look rather like velociraptors.... hmmm!