PDA

View Full Version : spar castletown

sam
28-Jul-06, 22:49
I passed through castletown a couple of times this week and stopped at the shop the first time i had to wait over 10 minutes to get served and the second time it was nearer to 20 minutes, they werent particularly busy either, the woman in the que in front of me said it was like that most days, she said most of the usual staff had left in the last 4 months and the way things were going it wouldnt be long before the customers did to.
i also noticed that atleast 4 customers put their stuff back and walked out, most people just dont have the time to wait that long to get served especially if they are on a break from work and only get 30 minutes

luskentyre
28-Jul-06, 23:33
I passed through castletown a couple of times this week and stopped at the shop the first time i had to wait over 10 minutes to get served and the second time it was nearer to 20 minutes, they werent particularly busy either, the woman in the que in front of me said it was like that most days, she said most of the usual staff had left in the last 4 months and the way things were going it wouldnt be long before the customers did to.
i also noticed that atleast 4 customers put their stuff back and walked out, most people just dont have the time to wait that long to get served especially if they are on a break from work and only get 30 minutes

Customer service doesn't seem to mean much in some shops up here - which is why they deserve to get ousted by the likes of Tesco etc.

I was looking for a watch strap in a certain jewellers in Thurso the other day. There was only one person serving and she was busy with a customer - but I wasn't even acknowledged or asked to wait. After 5 minutes I left and went to the other jewellers, and that was closed for lunch!

I would like to support local retailers but they don't make it easy.

Marty McFly
28-Jul-06, 23:38
"I went into the shop in castletown for a lettuce and a small bottle of lucozade the lettuce was £1.39 & the lucozade £1.09, i know that smaller shops tend to charge a bit more but that is ridiculous.
you can buy a letttuce for 89p and a bottle of lucozade for 95p in the town so how can they justify the prices that they charge[disgust]"

As per an earlier post Sam made (above), it would seem he has a problem with shops in Castletown?
Think positive for a change...make the most of these local stores...they won't be around for much longer thanks to Tesco & Asda

sam
29-Jul-06, 15:22
As per an earlier post Sam made (above), it would seem he has a problem with shops in Castletown?
Think positive for a change...make the most of these local stores...they won't be around for much longer thanks to Tesco & Asda

[/quote]

first of all i only have a problem with shops that over charge and keep me waiting ( not my fault of spar in castletown fits that discription)

secondly i couldnt care less if it wasnt around when tesco and asda take over not if that is how they treat their customers.

and thirdly you dont know if i am male or female so dont just make assumptions [disgust]

Macwull
29-Jul-06, 19:10
I was in houstons last night and waited ten minutes without being asked wat i wanted so i just left, got my dinner in the pit stop straight away!!

Buttercup
29-Jul-06, 19:28
Surely if you have a problem with the service you received in a shop you should complain to the manager/manageress or higher. Most shops have CC tv fitted and your complaint can easily be verified and hopefully resolved. After all, if they don't know of the problem it will never be fixed.

sam
29-Jul-06, 19:58
Surely if you have a problem with the service you received in a shop you should complain to the manager/manageress or higher. Most shops have CC tv fitted and your complaint can easily be verified and hopefully resolved. After all, if they don't know of the problem it will never be fixed.

the manager was on the shop floor both times i was in the shop, so i am sure she is quite well aware of the problem's.
the point i was making was that i was not the only one who thought that the service slow as most of the customers were complaining and some even left.
if this is how they are treating customers how can they possibly expect them to carry on shopping there especially when the bigger store's open.

as some people are quick to point out we should support our smaller local shop's,( i can only assume that they are more than happy to pay for over priced good's and wait for age's to get served and that they wont be shopping in tesco's & asda when they open.)

well i for one am not, i have even spoken to member's of their staff on previous visit's to the shop and they themself's have pointed out certain items that have gone up by as much as 50p in a week, so how can they possibly hope to compete with larger store's

Buttercup
29-Jul-06, 20:28
If the manager is aware of the problem and has done nothing to fix it then maybe you should take your complaint higher. Customer service should come first in any shop but realistically there are times when everyone's not on the ball. Your other complaint regarding the prices you could also ask about at the higher level, I'm sure the owner will be able to give you an explanation. One thing you need to remember is that it is a Convenience store and can't possibly compete with the likes of the big supermarkets as far as prices is concerned.

Billy Boy
19-Aug-06, 14:09
[quote=Loafer]
As for "most of the usual staff have left in the last 4 months", I know for a FACT that that is a load of nonsense.

I to worked in the castletown spar until recently and there are 5 staff members including myself that i know for a FACT have left, all of who had been there for a few years , so no what sam has said isnt a load of nonsense.

there are also some new members of staff that have started and left in the last few months as well.
I for one have heard a lot of people complaining about the shop recently but my answer to that is that i no longer work there so why not complain to the manager, instead of the complaining to people who have nothing to do with it.

as for the staff who have left being afraid of hard work that is utter crap i have not and never have been afraid of hard work and neither has some of the others who left around the same time as me or after me.
I am now working far more hours than i did in the shop. so i really dont see that you are qualified to pass judgement on people you dont even know with your second hand information[mad]

sam
19-Aug-06, 17:00
[quote=Loafer]
As for "most of the usual staff have left in the last 4 months", I know for a FACT that that is a load of nonsense.

I to worked in the castletown spar until recently and there are 5 staff members including myself that i know for a FACT have left, all of who had been there for a few years , so no what sam has said isnt a load of nonsense.

there are also some new members of staff that have started and left in the last few months as well.
I for one have heard a lot of people complaining about the shop recently but my answer to that is that i no longer work there so why not complain to the manager, instead of the complaining to people who have nothing to do with it.

as for the staff who have left being afraid of hard work that is utter crap i have not and never have been afraid of hard work and neither has some of the others who left around the same time as me or after me.
I am now working far more hours than i did in the shop. so i really dont see that you are qualified to pass judgement on people you dont even know with your second hand information[mad]

mrs billy boy i wouldnt take to much notice of what Loafer has to say for himself cos with a name like that what would he know about hard work????
it seems to me that he just likes to make himself look important stating that everything is FACT, just look at his previous post aswell as the spar one

QUOTE 1.....As for "most of the usual staff have left in the last 4 months", I know for a FACT that that is a load of nonsense
( i would say if you actually worked there and he didnt then you would know better) FACT

QUOTE 2 .....Richards garage (the one by Dunbar Hospital) is NOT in the Thurso cartel. They are always a penny or two cheaper. The cartel consists of Pennyland, Dunnets and Bridgend. That is FACT!!!!!!

get ma drift lol.
maybe its just a new word that he has learned and has taken a liking to
i would say Loafer you should buy a dictionary and look up the word fact then you will know exactly when to use it.[disgust]

Naefearjustbeer
19-Aug-06, 19:22
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g218/naefearjustbeer/misc/Please20do20not20feed20the20trolls.jpg

sam
19-Aug-06, 19:27
FACT! - Sam You have a dislike of Spar Castletown. Simple.

Don't dare have a go at my take of the English language. Look at you punctuation. It is crap. FACT!

Mr and Mrs Billy Boy. I am sorry if I have offended you. That is a FACT!

The Loafer

actually loafer, i dont have a dislike of the shop in castletown i mearly pointed out a few FACTS of my own.
like having to wait ridicolous lengths of time to get served.
i am well aware that this occurs in other shops aswell, although i havent had to wait quite as long even in the supermarkets.
more than once there has been fruit and veg on the shelve's with mould and chilled goods that are off aswell.
this has also been pointed out about other shops in another thread, but i dont see you in that thread accusing others of having a dislike to they shops.
i can only assume that is because your wife doesnt work in them.

and what do you mean look at you own punctuation????

surely you mean " your own".

i also notice that while you as busy having a little rant at me, you failed to acknowledge mrs billy boy's statement that it was not FACT as you put it that most of the usual staff had not left.

so please before you get on your high horse and start ranting get your FACTS right LOL[disgust]

MadPianoPlayer
19-Aug-06, 22:12
You dont get the service your used to this days lol. But anyway, maybe you should complain.

bosco
19-Aug-06, 23:15
If i have to wait any lengh of time in a shop to get served because the staff are yapping, I speak up and if they still dont serve ,lay the goods on the counter and tell them to put them away back on the shelves when they have time and walk out :D

Loafer
20-Aug-06, 11:17
Fact:- I'm getting fed up of all this.

Fact:- I didna get on my "High horse"

Fact: - Dinna bother replying.

The Loafer

sam
20-Aug-06, 11:29
Fact:- I'm getting fed up of all this.

Fact:- I didna get on my "High horse"

Fact: - Dinna bother replying.

The Loafer

your not the only one fedup with it, but i take it by your reply that you cant answer the points that were made in earlier posts that you had got your FACTS wrong because the FACT remains i know what i am talking about and you clearly dont FACT.:Razz

FACT.. if you dont like my threads, its quite simple stay out of them