PDA

View Full Version : Chains 2

DW
28-Jul-06, 12:34
Anybody know where/why the 'chains' thread from yesterday disappeared?

Just genuinely curious, that's all, not getting at anyone, being nice and shiny.

connieb19
28-Jul-06, 12:48
I was enjoying it before it was removed too!! :( It seems a bit odd, seeing as there didn't seem to be anything offensive on it. :confused

scrapydoo
28-Jul-06, 13:00
what was the chains thread about ?

Gleber2
28-Jul-06, 13:05
Must have been Godmin moving in mysterious ways.

DW
28-Jul-06, 14:23
what was the chains thread about ?

Jeepers, I must be getting on, I can't remember my post now.

I expect I was expressing disquiet at the preponderance of nonsensical 'lists' which have appearred in these parts.

I started the thread and then went off out; when I got back online this morning - POOF! - it had gone. [lol]

It would just seem to be curteous to inform people why a thread is exterminated; clearly, executive decisions have to be made in the interests of fairness, freedom of speech (local rules may apply ;) ), common decency, personal choice, complaints from other punters, etc., etc.

However, the admin chaps are all very busy and we should be patient and understanding and nice.
So there.

Ricco
28-Jul-06, 16:09
Aw, come on, DW. The Song Game is quite good. Gives me a chance to bring out some great tunes. I'm still waiting for my chance to drop in 'Tea for the Tillerman' by Cat Stevens and 'Silver Machine' by Hawkwind. :D

DW
28-Jul-06, 16:19
Aw, come on, DW. The Song Game is quite good. Gives me a chance to bring out some great tunes. I'm still waiting for my chance to drop in 'Tea for the Tillerman' by Cat Stevens and 'Silver Machine' by Hawkwind. :D

Sorry, I can't get excited about it, although I was a Hawkwind fan in a former life; along with Gong, Camambert Electronique, and Ramases! Seriously weird stuff.

Ricco
28-Jul-06, 16:20
Sorry, I can't get excited about it, although I was a Hawkwind fan in a former life; along with Gong, Camambert Electronique, and Ramases! Seriously weird stuff.

Ah... someone else who has heard of Gong. Wow!

DW
28-Jul-06, 17:36
Ah... someone else who has heard of Gong. Wow!

I sold their album on Ebay for a tidy sum!.

MadPict
28-Jul-06, 18:22
Ahh, fellow Radio Gnome listener and Pot Head Pixie here!!!

I have to say they were definately out there but some good musicians none the less.

The rambling 'jams' they managed to insert between Daevid Allen's thoughts were the best bits for me - might explain why I quite like Ozric Tentacles - all the Gong sounds but none of the words!!....

"Have a cup of tea...."

Saveman
28-Jul-06, 18:33
Anybody know where/why the 'chains' thread from yesterday disappeared?

Just genuinely curious, that's all, not getting at anyone, being nice and shiny.

When were you ever nice and shiny?? ;)

(I didn't see the chains thread.)

Gleber2
28-Jul-06, 18:35
Ahh, fellow Radio Gnome listener and Pot Head Pixie here!!!

I have to say they were definately out there but some good musicians none the less.

The rambling 'jams' they managed to insert between Daevid Allen's thoughts were the best bits for me - might explain why I quite like Ozric Tentacles - all the Gong sounds but none of the words!!....

"Have a cup of tea...."

Check out Voiceprint.co.uk. All that underground English progressive crap been rereleased.

DW
28-Jul-06, 19:37
Check out Voiceprint.co.uk. All that underground English progressive crap been rereleased.

Aye, yer right there, what a load of twaddle it was, and we wasted good money on some of it.

The Gong album was keeech and as for Camembert Electric you couldnae hardly listen to it..............

Ricco
28-Jul-06, 20:25

Tsk, tsk. Gong weren't English, they were Danish, or Dutch, or something. What about James Gang Rides Again, by James Gang. Still got my copy.

DW
28-Jul-06, 20:29
Tsk, tsk. Gong weren't English, they were Danish, or Dutch, or something. What about James Gang Rides Again, by James Gang. Still got my copy.

No wonder I couldn't understand the lyrics ................... more info here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gong_(band)

pultneytooner
28-Jul-06, 20:33
Ah... someone else who has heard of Gong. Wow! Gong were /are fantastic.:)

Ricco
28-Jul-06, 20:33
You're right - it was pretty dire, wasn't it! :eek:

pultneytooner
28-Jul-06, 20:35
Tsk, tsk. Gong weren't English, they were Danish, or Dutch, or something. What about James Gang Rides Again, by James Gang. Still got my copy. Gong are an australian band.

Ricco
28-Jul-06, 20:39
Gong are an australian band.

They were formed by an Australian. I couldn't understand the words though.

pultneytooner
28-Jul-06, 20:39
Ats 'cos they were all stunned......[lol]

DW
28-Jul-06, 20:40

Come on now, everyone in those days knew that the words didn't matter,

it was all trippin' stuff maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan

Ricco
28-Jul-06, 20:41
Ats 'cos they were all stunned......[lol]

...and stoned.:lol:

DW
28-Jul-06, 20:43
But seriously, looking back, there was a lot of tripe around........ just like these days too.

pultneytooner
28-Jul-06, 20:44
But seriously, looking back, there was a lot of tripe around........ just like these days too.
tRIPE IS EVERYWHERE

Ricco
28-Jul-06, 20:45
I know. I used to have an album called 'The King of Elfland's Daughter' by a collective of artists. I still have Captain Lockheed and the Starfighters. There was a group called Wavemaker that I used to like and I was really into Yes... until I saw them live at Wembley, that is.

DW
28-Jul-06, 20:46
tRIPE IS EVERYWHERE

Correct, never could quite learn to love the taste though, and that appetising gray colour as it was cooking, and the smell .............

Ricco
28-Jul-06, 20:48
Still, wrong thread for recalling past music... good or bad. :roll:

DW
28-Jul-06, 20:49
Still, wrong thread for recalling past music... good or bad. :roll:
Aye, that's the dynamism inherent in human thought.

Either that or its butterfly brains [lol]

Ricco
28-Jul-06, 20:52
Aye, that's the dynamism inherent in human thought.

Either that or its butterfly brains [lol]

I like the latter! It suits me at this time of the evening after a bevvie.:lol:

pultneytooner
28-Jul-06, 21:59
I like the latter! It suits me at this time of the evening after a bevvie.:lol: lol, are you clicking your amygdala to pop you frontal lobes?????????[lol]