PDA

View Full Version : Bird Aviary

sunshine23
12-Oct-10, 10:45
Hi,

Does anyone know of a person in the Caithness area that has a bird aviary and if so, would you be able to send me their contact details? Your help would be greatly appreciated.

sunshine23
15-Oct-10, 23:39
I am hoping that someone has a bird aviary in their garden etc because I have a dove that I rescued as a baby and it is time that he has a new home but I don't have the heart to release him in the garden because I have ferral cats that have been killing the other birds. I was hoping that someone could adopt him as a pet. If you know of someone, please do let me know?

Liz
16-Oct-10, 12:57
How kind of you to rescue the dove.

It would be worth contacting the SSPCA to see whether they can help?

sunshine23
16-Oct-10, 15:02
Hi,

Yes I did contact them and they redirected me to the RSPB who then said for me to put the bird out of it's misery. The bird is now quite healthy but because I had him/her since a baby, don't want to let it go because of the ferral cats. I need to let them all go shortly after they are neutered etc and that is in a few weeks. Problem is, no one wants ferral cats. I will probably keep the mother cat because she had to have her leg amputated because someone in my area set a trap and almost completely cut her leg off. She is actually quite tame but the kittens, I have had no success at all.

sunshine23
18-Oct-10, 19:47
Hi,

I just wanted to say thank you to the wonderful gentleman who has offered to adopt my Jack. I was worried to begin with until I saw Jack's new home and met the man who is now taking care of him. This dove is one lucky bird to have such a sweet man to take care of him.

Liz
18-Oct-10, 22:38
Aw that is such good news.:D