PDA

View Full Version : Ebay Delivery

starflower
12-Oct-10, 08:04
There is a piece of furniture I would like to purchase from ebay, seller is based in England and states local pick up, can anybody advise me on any couriers or removals who would assist with collection of furniture and deliver to Thurso?

Thanks in advance:)

_Ju_
12-Oct-10, 08:19
The ones in the red and white vans... JLS or something similair ( sorry, I don't remember their exact name, but I will keep an eye out for them) have very good rates compared to others. I was quoted £245 up here from Lincolnshire, or 75 up to Edinburgh by an online seller. He gave me the dimensions and weights of the boxes and this company quoted me £48+VAT door to door.
I will keep an eye out for them to confirm or correct the name, but probably someone on here will know who I am talking about....

colingel
12-Oct-10, 08:22
Macadie and reeve from Orkney are good

WICKER10
12-Oct-10, 09:48
Littlejohns Removals kirkwall are good and cheap

mentallywinnie
12-Oct-10, 12:40
Make sure the eBay seller accepts your offer to collect by courier because some may get a bit 'funny' about having to pack it up securely when they wanted collection!

starflower
12-Oct-10, 16:41
Ok thanks never thought of that i will contact seller first in case they have a problem , before I get carried away with phoning couriers. :D