PDA

View Full Version : The Groat

Marty McFly
28-Jul-06, 09:39
Considering this must be one of the busiest weeks for events in Caithness, have you noticed how thin the Groat is this week?

Not a single picture of the floats etc...one of the main highlights of Wick Gala week, and only one crappy black and white picture of the Gala queen and her attendants. Doesn't do much to promote our Gala, does it?

Think i'll save my money in future and just log on here if I want to find out whats really happening in our county! ;)

Naefearjustbeer
28-Jul-06, 10:12
Plenty photos of the Gala in the courier. I reckon if they filled both papers with the gala photos others would complain that the paper was full of the same stuff that they had already shown.

Rose
28-Jul-06, 16:08
Yes but not everyone buys the courier, i for one just buy the groat and was looking forward to see pictures of the floats and the gala queen. I should have just looked on ere

badger
28-Jul-06, 19:52
Think that's a bit unreasonable as the Groat and Courier are obviously sister (or brother) papers so those like me who take both would find it pretty irritating to see the same stuff twice. We already get that with advertising campaigns. They're basically the same newspaper issued on different days. After all you wouldn't expect the P&J to repeat news items.

Naefearjustbeer
29-Jul-06, 01:31
Well If I want to find out about whats on or what has been on in caithness I think common sense would dictate that you should buy the next paper that is put to press. I wouldnt buy a P&J on friday and expect to get wednesdays news. Or is this to do with the old story that Wick news is in the Groat and Thurso stuff in the courier