PDA

View Full Version : wedding gift help!!!

bettedaviseyes
11-Oct-10, 13:20
going to friend wedding in wick and don't have an clue what to get there house is fully kitted out does anyone have any good iders?

AliciaMackinnon
11-Oct-10, 13:36
I recently got married!! And I got a vase from a family friend!! Thought that was really nice!! Or a photo book or something like that!!!

His and hers things mayb 2 or something personalised!! (towels?)

saba
11-Oct-10, 13:50
Voucher for the restaurant Bord De L'eau in Wick 01955 604400. Highly recommended.

changilass
11-Oct-10, 13:51
Just give them money then they can get what the actually need, or they could even spend it on something on honeymoon.

unicorn
11-Oct-10, 14:03
Eyecandy in Thurso have some beautiful things.

chaz
11-Oct-10, 15:21
Huge hamper with local produce and things :)

Dadie
11-Oct-10, 15:34
You could get 2 wine glasses engraved with the design of the invite and date etc....think the guys name is willie bain (someone will probably correct me)
Or ask if they have a wedding list ?

bettedaviseyes
11-Oct-10, 16:02
Thank you all so much for your help :D:D:D

poppett
11-Oct-10, 16:24
Homebase vouchers for future decorating or household goods? Have also done a hamper with cleaning materials, washing powder, conditioner, toilet rolls, kitchen roll and dishwasher tablets. This went down a treat as the money the couple would have spend on these items they had to spend as they chose.

shamrock2007
11-Oct-10, 19:16
Willie Bain the engraver up at the airport does some lovely things or a hamper is a lovely gift

edayhouse
12-Oct-10, 10:18
When i got married we pretty much had all of the 'house' essentials too but some people got us the following which we loved:

Meal vouchers
Cinema vouchers (ok no cinema in Thurso anymore)
Voucher for Eden court theatre
Hamper

all of the above we were delighted with and thought it was a bit different.

joe
12-Oct-10, 21:23
We gave my niece lovely Caithness stone place mats,they were expensive but really lovely came boxed,couple loved them,and its not the sort of thing would maybe buy them selves

Torvaig
12-Oct-10, 23:31
The shop "Made In Caithness" at the bottom of Wick High Street has some beautiful paintings etc., which would make lovely presents. A great selection.

chaz
13-Oct-10, 15:02
Or a greystones farm gift token so they can choose from his range of meat:)

ashaw1
13-Oct-10, 21:25
You could get 2 wine glasses engraved with the design of the invite and date etc....think the guys name is willie bain (someone will probably correct me)
Or ask if they have a wedding list ?

Was going to suggest wine glasses too, or champagne glasses. There is a unit up at Wick Industrial Estate that does them!

Dadie
13-Oct-10, 21:30
Thats Willie!
Up at the industrial estate.
There is nothing worse than getting 5 toasters etc...
Or the pressie that you dont know what to do with....mine on that front was a large crystal glass punch bowl/very large sugar bowl on a stalk....its survived everything:lol: