PDA

View Full Version : Quote's. Have a look!!!

celtic 302
28-Jul-06, 00:48
"Half our life is spent trying to find something to do with the time we have rushed through life trying to save."
-- Will Rogers

"Idleness is not doing nothing. Idleness is being free to do anything."
-- Floyd Dell

"When I was younger, I could remember anything, whether it had happened or not."
-- Mark Twain

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the man who can't read them."
-- Mark Twain

"It was wonderful to find America, but it would have been more wonderful to miss it."
-- Mark Twain

"If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything."
-- Mark Twain

"You cannot simultaneously prevent and prepare for war."
-- Albert Einstein

"If something's hard to do then it's not worth doing."
-- Homer Simpson

"Kids, you tried your best, and you failed miserably. The lesson is: never try."
-- Homer Simpson

"Trying is the first step torwards failure."
-- Homer Simpson

"Well, I've been listening to my gut since I was 14 years old, and frankly speaking, I've come to the conclusion that my guts have ############ for brains."
-- Rob Gordon

"What is the difference between genius and stupidity? Genius has limits."
-- Albert Einstein

"I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally."
-- W.C. Fields

"It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt."
-- Mark Twain

sjwahwah
28-Jul-06, 00:50
"A state of war only serves as an excuse for domestic tyranny." - Alexander Solzhenitsyn

celtic 302
28-Jul-06, 00:55
An expert is one who knows more and more about less and less until he knows absolutely everything about nothing.

A wise man will learn more from a fool, than a fool will learn from a wise man.

Kaishowing
28-Jul-06, 02:35
"Honesty may be the best policy, but it's important to remember that apparently, by elimination, dishonesty is the second-best policy."

"There's no present. There's only the immediate future and the recent past."

"What if there were no hypothetical questions?"

"Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?"

Errogie
28-Jul-06, 16:19
The bible is not a law and order check list.

Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill.

Everyone is entitled to be stupid but some folk can abuse the privilege.

Money isn't everything but it keeps the kids in touch.

Cricket is the only sport which shares its name with an insect and was designed to make all other human activity appear fascinating and interesting.

The best thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise and is not preceded by any period of worry or depression.

If you're living on the edge then you're taking up too much room.

and finally

"He had Van Gogh's ear for music!"

scorrie
28-Jul-06, 16:45
and finally

"He had Van Gogh's ear for music!"

Hannibal Lecter:- "He had Van Gogh's ear for breakfast"

Other cannibal quotes:-

"Oh look, he's got his faither's eyes"

"She hates her Mither's guts"

George Brims
28-Jul-06, 16:54
Errogie, you mis-typed one. It's "If you're NOT living on the edge, then you're taking up too much room"

Another Einstein one:
"People have the impression that we know what we're doing all the time. If we knew what we were doing, it wouldn't be called research, would it?"

Billy Boy
28-Jul-06, 19:15
“Bachelors should be heavily taxed. It is not fair that some men should be happier than others.”

“Don’t marry for money; you can borrow it cheaper.”

“Don’t steal. The Government don’t like competition.”

“I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.”

It’s better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.”

brokencross
28-Jul-06, 22:24
Marriage is like a three ring circus.....engagement ring......wedding ring......and Suffering

celtic 302
29-Jul-06, 00:57
"It’s better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.”

no plagerising...

Nello
29-Jul-06, 01:52
"If a man steals your wife the best revenge is to let him keep her" .. Oscar Wilde.

"Before Marriage a man is incomplete, after it he is finished" .. Oscar Wilde.

robglysen
29-Jul-06, 14:36
My Father in law always says..

'Never trust anyone who says they are an expert, X is an unknown quantity, and Spurt is what comes out of your d***.'

Saveman
29-Jul-06, 16:49
Some marriages are made in heaven.....but so is thunder and lightning....