PDA

View Full Version : Is there a place called Rainbow Ridge?

teenybash
10-Oct-10, 22:20
I would like you to decide on my question above.
10 days ago I was sitting beside my lovely Shooly, knowing she had only a matter of hours to live and I was treasuring every precious moment.
I stroked her head and whispered how much I loved her but, knew in my heart of hearts she had grown so tired. Still my heart hoped that in the morning she would be standing there with her bright eyes and tail wagging waiting for her morning cuddle and a doddle round the garden.
It was late and time had crept into the wee small hours and my young fella, Banjo was waiting to go out for his last piddles before bed.
Coming toward the front door Banjo suddenly stopped and let out a low, soft throaty growl as he stopped and stared out onto the lane, his body quivering. I followed his line of vision to see what was disturbing him in the darkness and saw a pale yellow gold shape just beyond the gate. It was the shape of a dog lying down, but I couldn't see the neck or head as they were in the shadows and before I had time to think I heard by own voice saying. ''It's alright, it's only Sox waiting on Shooly.'' The words were out before I realised what I was saying. I stood for a while allowing what I was seeing to dawn on me.
With a feeling of sadness and peace intermingled I spoke again to Shooly
reassuring her everything would be alright and Sox was waiting, then I sat until she drifted off to sleep.
Was it Sox who came to take her sister home or was it a figment of my imagination.......No because what I saw and what Banjo saw was solid and real......So is there a place called Rainbow Ridge? I don't know, you tell me.

balto
10-Oct-10, 22:23
that is such a sad story , you must take comfort in the fact that this indeed was sox coming to take your beloved dog to a wonderful world where pain and misery are unheard of, it sounds so real to me xx

unicorn
10-Oct-10, 22:27
Animals have far purer souls than people, they have far simpler lives,needs and few aspirations, they give love unconditionally and ask for no ties, so why should they not have somewhere, they deserve it far more than many of the human animals who expect a place in heaven.

Liz
10-Oct-10, 22:47
Oh Teenybash that is so sad and yet so beautiful.

It was definitely Sox come to help Shooly over and how wonderful that you could see this!!!!!

I have read a few books now on the afterlife and pets and there are many stories such as yours Teenybash where either a loved one or a departed pet has come back to help an animal cross over.

As I told you I have often felt a cat jump into my bed in the 'wee sma oor's and when I put my hand down to stroke it there was nobody there!

I totally agree with Unicorn in that animals have souls and therefore will live on and we will be reunited with them.

Although I know your heart would be breaking into tiny pieces it was wonderful that your lovely Shooly left this Earth plane knowing how much she was loved and being held by her Earth Angel.

Thanks for sharing this with us as I know it can't have been easy for you.

This will give comfort and hope to anyone who has lost a treasured animal bairn. xxx

gmcborgie
11-Oct-10, 21:45
Could you have been mistaken OP, and could it be Rainbow Bridge?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rainbow_Bridge_%28pets%29

I'm sorry for your loss.
The poem is very comforting.

Just this side of Heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge. When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food and water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable. All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.

The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they miss someone very special to them who had to be left behind. They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. The bright eyes are intent, the eager body quivers. Suddenly she begins to break away from the group, flying over the green grass, her legs carrying her faster and faster. YOU have been spotted and when you and your special friend finally meet you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face, your hands again caress her beloved head and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you pass over Rainbow Bridge together....

Commore
11-Oct-10, 22:20

I'm sorry for your loss.
Just this side of Heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge. When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food and water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable. All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.

The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they miss someone very special to them who had to be left behind. They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. The bright eyes are intent, the eager body quivers. Suddenly she begins to break away from the group, flying over the green grass, her legs carrying her faster and faster. YOU have been spotted and when you and your special friend finally meet you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face, your hands again caress her beloved head and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

I am also sorry for your loss,
we also experience such as this, as each old dog has passed away there has been a certain serenity among our remainng living animals, in human terms we would call it it "mourning" and I do not believe thar our friends display differently.

purplelady
11-Oct-10, 23:11

I'm sorry for your loss.

that was so lovely i lost my dear cat a week today and am sure have her meow a couple of times and have heard purring too xxxxxxxx

Margaret M.
12-Oct-10, 04:07
So sorry for your loss, Teenybash, it sounds like Shooly had a very peaceful passing. Some nice responses on this thread. If there is a heaven or a life hereafter, animals will surely be there.

bullielove
12-Oct-10, 18:23
I think this is a beautiful story. I felt quite emotional reading it. It gives me comfort to think we will be with our beloved pets again and that there is a rainbow bridge

Thanks for sharing this Teenybash - I think you have been very priviledged to have such an experience x

Mrs Bucket
12-Oct-10, 22:24
I can assure you there is something out there I experienced something similiar but not in the animal world but human beleive me take comfort there is an afterlife.

bod1403
13-Oct-10, 10:56
Oh I so hope there is a Rainbow (B)Ridge, to be reunited with much loved pets would be happiness beyond words.

Liz
13-Oct-10, 12:32
Oh I so hope there is a Rainbow (B)Ridge, to be reunited with much loved pets would be happiness beyond words.

I am in no doubt whatsoever that we are reunited with our beloved pets. It will be one big hugfest!!!!:lol: