PDA

View Full Version : phone found

lildj
09-Oct-10, 16:45
Dont know if this is the right place to put this, but i found a phone on my way home last night up by the mart (Thurso) around 4.15pm. it dont look that old. I put it to the police station this afternoon if any one is looking for it :)

annex
09-Oct-10, 16:48
That were very kind and honest of u Lildj.

:)

lildj
09-Oct-10, 16:54
That were very kind and honest of u Lildj.

would like to think that some one would do the same for me if i lost my phone, apart from that is impossable becaust my phone is "glued" to my hand lol

annex
09-Oct-10, 16:57
Very true... Ur good deed will do u good :)

Kodiak
09-Oct-10, 18:04
If you find a Phone one thing you can do to find the owner is to look to see if there is a Conract List.

If there is look to see if there is an obvious relative, like Mum, Dad or Home.

If you find that then give them a ring on the phone and then they can pass on a message to the Phone's owner so they can contact you.

lildj
09-Oct-10, 22:56
If you find a Phone one thing you can do to find the owner is to look to see if there is a Conract List.

If there is look to see if there is an obvious relative, like Mum, Dad or Home.

If you find that then give them a ring on the phone and then they can pass on a message to the Phone's owner so they can contact you.

wouldnt like to look threw someone elses phone + never thought of doing that just thought the sensible thing to do was to hand it in to the police station :)

AliciaMackinnon
09-Oct-10, 23:08
you did the right thing lildj!! Altho I think I would maybe have done e same as kodiak sed 2!!

Metalattakk
10-Oct-10, 04:19
When the police got a hold of it, would they not look through the contacts and phone then themselves?

Or am I being naive?

Droopy
10-Oct-10, 09:16
When the police got a hold of it, would they not look through the contacts and phone then themselves?

Or am I being naive?

No Metalattakk, you being very sensible. Id imagine that there are many phones found everyday in Caithness and to avoid palava, hassle, more drama than is needed, extra work for the police etc, that most people would carry out the, menu-contacts-mum-call procedure.....

poppett
10-Oct-10, 10:00
I found a phone which I handed in to the police station as it had a flat battery and I didn`t have a charger to fit it to power it up to look on the menu to try to find the owner, although that was my first line of thought... the quick fix.