PDA

View Full Version : Big mistake!

Vistravi
09-Oct-10, 13:49
Ten days ago my son fell sick with a nasty viral infection which then turned to a bacterial infection. He's now thankfully on the mend and getting back to his usual self. Its good to see him happy and laughing again. But however so that he would sleep and i could get more than 10 mins at a time i made the mistake of co sleeping with him. My partner is away so i could do this.

Now that he is on the mend and doesn't need to cuddle into me like he did to sleep i made the choice to correct my mistake. I feel knackered but its been worth it as he is back sleeping most of the night in his own bed! Which is very good as my partner is back sometime next week or the week after from work.

I can't be the only one who out of desperation choose to do that. Have you ever done the same?

dragonfly
09-Oct-10, 14:05
yes I did it, it was an easy option for me to be able to get some sleep. I was widowed while I was pregnant so just took her in with me when she screamed through the night and when she was able to she toddled through herself but 4 years on and a new partner it was a bit of an inconvenience with her between us so had to start persuading her to get back in her own bed and sleep - took a while but got there eventually

Bazeye
10-Oct-10, 09:52
Ten days ago my son fell sick with a nasty viral infection which then turned to a bacterial infection. He's now thankfully on the mend and getting back to his usual self. Its good to see him happy and laughing again. But however so that he would sleep and i could get more than 10 mins at a time i made the mistake of co sleeping with him. My partner is away so i could do this.

Now that he is on the mend and doesn't need to cuddle into me like he did to sleep i made the choice to correct my mistake. I feel knackered but its been worth it as he is back sleeping most of the night in his own bed! Which is very good as my partner is back sometime next week or the week after from work.

I can't be the only one who out of desperation choose to do that. Have you ever done the same?

Suppose it all depends how old your son is.

Vistravi
10-Oct-10, 10:36
Suppose it all depends how old your son is.

He's only 5 months old but old enough to know after the first time if he screams he'll get into my bed to sleep!