PDA

View Full Version : 3d tv

Liz
09-Oct-10, 13:04
Well having been told we all need HD or HD ready televisions it seems that 3D and 3D ready is the next big thing!:roll:

I believe that Sky are broadcasting some programmes in 3D but not sure how many and whether this will ever be available on Freeview?

How many of you will be buying into this?

teddybear1873
09-Oct-10, 13:14
Well having been told we all need HD or HD ready televisions it seems that 3D and 3D ready is the next big thing!:roll:

I believe that Sky are broadcasting some programmes in 3D but not sure how many and whether this will ever be available on Freeview?

Not me as I have a lazy eye on the right and can't see out the left ;-)

Honestly, I think this 3d will just be a phase, I can't see it working just like betamax, plasma, laserdisc HD DVD etc etc.

Liz
09-Oct-10, 13:22
Like you I think 3D will be a phase.

For one thing I don't think people will like wearing the glasses. Especially, if you need to wear them over your 'real' ones.:lol:

teddybear1873
09-Oct-10, 13:24
Like you I think 3D will be a phase.

For one thing I don't think people will like wearing the glasses. Especially, if you need to wear them over your 'real' ones.:lol:

Well I've tried 3D glasses Liz and all that comes out of them is 1D. Give me 38DD's anyday haha.

Liz
09-Oct-10, 13:28
You wouldn't even be looking at the telly with some 38DD's about!:lol:

EDDIE
09-Oct-10, 13:35
Well call of duty is one of the first games to come out in 3d and i think its the games industry thats going to push 3d onto the market and 2 year down the road 3d is going to become standard there is 3d tv been made that doesnt require glasses.
You have to remember the cheap paper 3d glasses you get inside of dvds is waste of time you need the proper glasses

Liz
09-Oct-10, 13:38
Very interesting point Eddie.

Although I'm all for progress with re technology I think it gets very confusing now re buying a telly.

People won't know what on earth to go for and there are those who have to have the 'next big thing' and will be getting rid of perfectly good tellys just to keep up to date.

Oh for the days when a telly was just a telly!:lol:

EDDIE
09-Oct-10, 13:47
Very interesting point Eddie.

Although I'm all for progress with re technology I think it gets very confusing now re buying a telly.

People won't know what on earth to go for and there are those who have to have the 'next big thing' and will be getting rid of perfectly good tellys just to keep up to date.

Oh for the days when a telly was just a telly!:lol:

Thats the thing you shouldnt try to keep up to date with technolgy because its out of dat the minute you buy it

teddybear1873
09-Oct-10, 13:52
In my point of view, I think the best thing for people is to wait and see what happens with 3D Tv's before you buy. I certainly wouldn't go out and buy one and relise 1 or 2 years down the line and relise what a waste of money that was.

How good are these 3D Tv's, do they last or they like that plasma tellys that I'm sure alot of folk are wishing they didn't buy them?

Liz
09-Oct-10, 14:06
How good are these 3D Tv's, do they last or they like that plasma tellys that I'm sure alot of folk are wishing they didn't buy them?

Nothing the matter with plasma?

teddybear1873
09-Oct-10, 14:13
Nothing the matter with plasma?

Well between LCD and Plasma, LCD is the better one..........In my opinion that is. Plasma does have a better viewing angle, but thats about it. I've seen a few plasma tv's that burn at the corners plus they use more electricity.

If I'm correct here I don't think you can buy plasma under 37"..........Correct if I'm wrong.

joxville
09-Oct-10, 14:19

I'm not going to bother with 3D, instead I'll wait for 4D TV; that's where the people on screen will step out the telly and into you're room. I can't wait to welcome into my home Katie Melua, Cheryl Cole, Pussycat Dolls, The Saturdays........:)

ducati
09-Oct-10, 14:31
Well, I don't know about this new technology but I'm still waiting for the personal jet pack I was promised by that lying git on Tomorrows World 30 odd years ago [disgust]

Geo
09-Oct-10, 14:39
I still haven't bought an HD TV and already they're trying to push us into the next big thing. Does 3D even have a standard or are early adopters going to end up with an obsolete bit of kit in 2 years? Definitely a case of waiting to see what happens with 3D I think.

octane
09-Oct-10, 18:07
doesnt matter what you choose......still the same old drivvel on the tv anyhow, sky's just as bad with constant re-runs and a super dooper state of the art im so up to date with technology TV aint gonna make all these repeats and out of idea re-runs any better.

Anyhow my eyes are hurting, im sitting to close too my 52" all singing all dancing tv :lol::lol:

Liz
09-Oct-10, 18:53
Well between LCD and Plasma, LCD is the better one..........In my opinion that is. Plasma does have a better viewing angle, but thats about it. I've seen a few plasma tv's that burn at the corners plus they use more electricity.

If I'm correct here I don't think you can buy plasma under 37"..........Correct if I'm wrong.

You are correct in that the smallest plasma you can get is 37" but that is most popular size.

I actually changed from lcd to plasma as the lcd had bad 'clouding' and, in my humble opinion, the plasma's picture is much more 'natural' and my eyes don't burn :eek: at the end of the night!:lol:
Still horses for courses and it would be a boring world if we all liked the same.

Will just stick with what I have and forget about the all singing, all dancing newer models.

It seems that the days of keeping your telly until it broke are over with many trading theirs in every couple of years.

ducati
09-Oct-10, 20:19
Maybe renting will return to popularity. We always did this in my younger days and we always had the latest kit. Never kept it for more than a couple of years.

I think it was about £13 per month for TV and video for Bang & Olufsen that would have cost about £2500 at the time. I guess that would equate with top spec stuff now? :cool:

teddybear1873
09-Oct-10, 21:09
Maybe renting will return to popularity. We always did this in my younger days and we always had the latest kit. Never kept it for more than a couple of years.

I think it was about £13 per month for TV and video for Bang & Olufsen that would have cost about £2500 at the time. I guess that would equate with top spec stuff now? :cool:

I'm not sure about now, but Bang & Olufsen were extremely expensive about 10 years ago. The picture and sound were never known for quality, just space age design.

scorrie
09-Oct-10, 23:58
I don't think you can buy plasma under 37"

I might be wrong, but I don't think they will let you buy any TV's if you are less than 3ft tall ;)