PDA

View Full Version : Ebay Postage

Kevin Milkins
09-Oct-10, 11:32
What is the favoured postage method for serious eBayers from the far North?

Whenever Mrs M posts things to her Mother in South Wales, or parcels to the grandchildren in the Midlands, she has always used the post office.

Is there a better or cheaper way of getting parcels South.

Thank you in anticipation.:Razz

KM

Leanne
09-Oct-10, 11:54
Nope - Royal Mail is always the cheapest. A lot of ebay sellers who charge extra for the highlands can be talked into posting with Royal Mail if you ask nicely ;)

Kevin Milkins
09-Oct-10, 12:18
Nope - Royal Mail is always the cheapest. A lot of ebay sellers who charge extra for the highlands can be talked into posting with Royal Mail if you ask nicely ;)

I thought Royal Mail would have been the best choice, but with the ammount of parcels that she sends down the line I just thought I would ask, anyone that does eBay would have sourced the cheapest and best way.

Thanks for the reply, Leanne.

sweetpea
09-Oct-10, 19:31
Hi, I just use the post office for all my ebay parcels. Not sure of any other means. I do get the odd parcel go missing though:(

gmcborgie
09-Oct-10, 23:45
"senditnow.com" are very good for large parcels. Their owned by RM if you look in the small print.

Gronnuck
10-Oct-10, 21:54
Until recently we did a lot of business on eBay. Have a look here (http://www.p4d.co.uk/). They 'buy up' the spare capacity of all the major carrier companies and will arrange to collect from your door. In our most recent case our delivery postman collected the parcel as he was delivering the mail. Simple to use and very competative.

bod1403
10-Oct-10, 22:26
Where do all these "lost" parcels go? I've had to put in claims for a few items but never get the parcel back even tho' it has a return address on. Very annoying for both customers and myself.

Dadie
11-Oct-10, 09:30
Sometimes through the wrong door...

skimeister
11-Oct-10, 12:13
Kev, my OH has a business account with the RM. This allows her to drop bags off at the PO without having to wait. They are weight dependant but it does save a lot of time and effort during the busy day. She can be contacted via The Great Big Bead Shop if you need more info

Kevin Milkins
11-Oct-10, 15:04
Some sound advice, thank you all for the replies. :Razz

Regards.

KM