PDA

View Full Version : I'll ask the dumb question!

Vistravi
08-Oct-10, 21:27
What is this mod thing all about? Whats the crack with it?

I heard it mentioned on here a while back but i haven't got the foggiest idea of what it actually is!

dragonfly
08-Oct-10, 21:31
its the gaelic equivilant of the X-Factor but being predominately west coast scots its also known as the whisky olympics :) and its held in a different location every year

Corrie 3
08-Oct-10, 21:38
its the gaelic equivilant of the X-Factor but being predominately west coast scots its also known as the whisky olympics :) and its held in a different location every year
Yes the Gaels have a lot to be proud of, a lovely language and lovely music.....I wish we had something to be proud of in the East!

C3.....:~(

Dadie
08-Oct-10, 22:04
Singing and drinking...both together is best:lol:
Prizes for singing....

gleeber
08-Oct-10, 22:35
The Mods a big event. Its famous all over the world and its being held in Caithness for the next 10 days. My daughters playing her fiddle tomorrow. I told her to savour the experience.

Kodiak
08-Oct-10, 23:41

This is the best decrription I have seen about the MOD. Except I would add that it is not as good as the X-Factor. :D

cherokee
09-Oct-10, 00:31
I don't have the privilege of having being taught the "Gaelic" language, but I have huge admiration of those who do.

It's "Our Inherited Language" and we should be very proud of it !!! :D

Dadie
09-Oct-10, 00:38
norse not gael....

chordie
09-Oct-10, 09:52
How do you know ? Perhaps your ancestors were here before the Norse came, therefore you are Pict ? Perhaps your ancestors intermarried with the Norse, which makes you...something else. Perhaps your ancestors came to this area in the more than 1000 years since the Norse first came here and therefore you are nothing to do with Gaels, Celts, or Picts - they may have come from southern Scotland and therefore were Britons.

We are a mongrel nation. We shouldn't rush to claim any one ancestry.

norse not gael....

orkneycadian
09-Oct-10, 11:53
What is this mod thing all about? Whats the crack with it?

I heard it mentioned on here a while back but i haven't got the foggiest idea of what it actually is!

Try clicking here! (http://www.google.co.uk/search?aq=f&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=mod#hl=en&expIds=25657,26644,27007,27015,27056&xhr=t&q=mod+gaelic&cp=7&pf=p&sclient=psy&safe=off&aq=f&aqi=g3g-c1g-o1&aql=&oq=mod+gae&gs_rfai=&pbx=1&fp=c22930e07) ;)

Kirdon
09-Oct-10, 13:37
Yes the Gaels have a lot to be proud of, a lovely language and lovely music.....I wish we had something to be proud of in the East!

C3.....:~(

We DO!!! and if you don't know what then you should move to the West!!

Logical
09-Oct-10, 19:33
Its great somebody asked, I had no idea. Every time I see a sign for it, it's in Gaelic which kind of sucks as my knowledge of ancient Celtic languages doesn't expand as far as Gaelic :(

Walter Ego
09-Oct-10, 19:57
Well, I'm disapointed with this 'Mod' stuff.

I havent seen one Lambretta yet.

canuck
09-Oct-10, 22:28
I'm driving north on Thursday to find out what all the fuss is about!

Yes, WBG, I've sent my 'attending' reply to the convener's big party.