PDA

View Full Version : What's gone wrong with the sound on TV

Ashes
27-Jul-06, 11:06
What's gone wrong with the sound on TV, especially when the news is on, one minute its fine, then you cant hear what they say so you turn the sound up and then they go back to the studio and guess what, its blasting in your face. Dont they have qualified people to overcome this problem in this age of technology.

Kind regards Ashes

pultneytooner
27-Jul-06, 13:38
I've heard of tv stations using a higher volume when advertisements come on to grab your attention.

JAWS
28-Jul-06, 15:20
What puzzles me is why do they need the loud strident music to announce that they are about to broadcast the News on a 24 hour News Channel.
If they are not broadcasting he News then they are not a 24 hour News Channel and should change their description.

badger
28-Jul-06, 19:59
What puzzles me is why do they need the loud strident music to announce that they are about to broadcast the News on a 24 hour News Channel.
If they are not broadcasting he News then they are not a 24 hour News Channel and should change their description.

Quite. I guess it's for the same reason that they have to fill every second with noise and don't believe anyone is happy watching one thing at a time so they break into credits and signature tunes with trailers, they use music as background to speech and they talk through music. Wonder what the poor things would do with a few seconds' silence - probably go mad. :roll: