PDA

View Full Version : Jim Alexander

James Alexander
07-Oct-10, 23:05
Hi everyone - I have just joined and would like to say hello to everyone in the community.

I was born in Wick in 1950. I left in 1962 to live in Bury Lancs where i still live today.

I have relatives in Caithness probably in the watten area on my Fathers side. His name was James Alexander as well and was a well known charactor in the Caithness area - Some for good reasons and some for not so good. He was nick named Jimic Irons or Jamie irons - I believe his grandfater was born in watten and was a blacksmith but am not absolutely certain of this. His sister was called mary and was married to a Ryrie and had a farm on the waten road i remember.

Anyway i shall once again say hello to everyone and perhaps some of you will remem,ber me from my school days at the wick academy.

Bye for now.

Kodiak
07-Oct-10, 23:24
http://i49.tinypic.com/9ztts0.jpg

golach
07-Oct-10, 23:36
Nice meeting you in chat James, welcome

teenybash
08-Oct-10, 00:37
Hello James and welcome. Used to know a lady called Mary Ryrie, who lived about a mile away from me. Sadly she died a number of years ago and I think the name of her house was Quoybrae Croft.:)

plutonio
08-Oct-10, 04:12
i used to see your father around Wick, a real character.

Doreen
08-Oct-10, 09:46
Hi welcome to the org:D

GruesomeTwosome
08-Oct-10, 10:27
Yes, Mary Ryrie lived near Quoybrae about a mile from my Mum and Dad's. Small world eh!

gleeber
08-Oct-10, 22:26
I remember your father well.
I remember you too but you were living in Thurso then. Curly haired wee bygee. Welcome till the org.