PDA

View Full Version : Mind your own business!!!!

Rheghead
27-Jul-06, 02:18
I have a gunnera that was bought from a garden centre but the pot in which it was bought is covered in 'Mind your own business'. Has anyone had problems with this weed or will it enhance a garden? I quite like the look of it in the gardens where the gardeners are able to manage it but will it take over any garden?:confused

On a purely aesthetic front it seems to give a aged mature look to a garden, especially around the edges of paths, so what is the best way forward? Should I get rid of it before I am over run with it as I think it likes wet climates like ours? Thanks in advance.:Razz

Ricco
27-Jul-06, 16:22
Hi, Rheghead. I should use it as freebie ground cover - it pulls quite easily if you want to thin it out. Wish you better luck than we had with our Gunnera. The frost treats it real bad. Saw a fantastic one down in Cornwall a couple of years back - huge leaves about 8ft dia and 8-10 feet high.:eek:

Rheghead
28-Jul-06, 00:19
Hi, Rheghead. I should use it as freebie ground cover - it pulls quite easily if you want to thin it out. Wish you better luck than we had with our Gunnera. The frost treats it real bad. Saw a fantastic one down in Cornwall a couple of years back - huge leaves about 8ft dia and 8-10 feet high.:eek:

Hi, I have just been to Cornwall, in fact my gunnera was bought in Cornwall. Was the giant gunnera in the Pinelodge gardens in St Austell?:Razz

lassieinfife
21-Aug-06, 15:43
www.dgsgardening.btinternet.co.uk

I found this site useful