PDA

View Full Version : The Loveless Family

brokencross
27-Jul-04, 21:35
On July 27th 1969 the S.S. United States sailed from Southampton, taking with it Hal, Dot. Debbie, Becky, Terry and Lisa Loveless. Back to their homeland. Hal was an ETCS, a "Chief" in the US Navy and Forss/Murkle bases were his last tour of duty. ('67 to'69)

The family lived near Olrig Mains at Castletown and actually left there in early June 1969 for a quick tour of Europe before going home to the States. Debbie attended Thurso High School and the rest of the children were at Castletown primary school.

I would be most grateful, that if on this the 35th anniversary of their departure, I could regain contact with any of the family. They loved the local people and made many friends.

Fellow students of Thurso High School will definitley remember Debbie and her good looking suave, modest boyfriend........me!! (I am happily married so it is not that sort of missing persons plea, just a "how has your life been over the past 35 years type plea")

Please rack your brains, please try and help, we lost touch many moons ago!!

ascot2u
31-Jul-04, 14:39
Have you tried the takeoffto/sac website. You can find the link under reunions. Just about everyone who worked at either the Forss base and or Murkle is, or has been on this site at one time or another. Good luck.

dgunn
20-Jan-05, 20:54
:lol: :D :) hope you got my email ok, regarding the loveless's caithness friends
love to hear from you soon :lol:

dgunn
14-Mar-05, 20:36
just dropping you am email till see if you had any luck for futher imformation on the above family, i no managed to find anything either.
please keep in touch