PDA

View Full Version : Local girl wins through to compete at chelsea flower show

Missy Wick
07-Oct-10, 14:12
Hi all

I just wanted to let everyone know that my friend Amanda Coghill, of Amandas Creative Florist, Dempster St, Wick competed in a qualifying heat yesterday in Glasgow and WON!!!!

She now gets to compete in the Chelsea Flower show in May next year.

Her design was amazing. She achieved a 90 out a 100 mark (i believe)

We are all so proud of her.

And I can now say that I have an 'award winning florist' doing my wedding flowers.

Well done amanda. you deserve it.

Kirdon
07-Oct-10, 15:12
Well done Amanda, good to see local talent getting a chance to shine.

Lingland
07-Oct-10, 15:31
Congratulations to Amanda. it is nice to hear of someone having been successful.

The Happy Humanist
07-Oct-10, 17:38
I'm so pleased to hear that someone, who does so much for local charity with her Wedding Fayre and gives so much pleasure to others with her flowers is getting a pat on the back.
Good Luck at the big show Amanda and very well done:D
Kind Regards
Kate

veekay
07-Oct-10, 17:53
Congratulations. WOW going to Chelsea how great is that

Thumper
07-Oct-10, 17:58
Well done my wee pal,knew you would do it no bother,anyone who has had the pleasure of your flowers knows that you are truely talented! x

Hibeechick
07-Oct-10, 19:33
Aww thank you all!

It still hasn't really sunk in...! Feel like I will wake up any second!

Obviously Chelsea flower show is massive in the world of plants and gardening, but the side you don't always see is the floristry side. It is there though...it's run by the British Florist Association and the title is "Chelsea Florist of the Year" ...... what a thought!!

Just getting to be there, with not only the best florists in the UK but they rate amongst the best in the world!

As far as I know, at the moment ( there are still heats going on ) I am the only Scottish florist in the senior event. A young girl from Aberdeen won the juvenile section last night.

It's going to be a long 7 months lol.

Aussiewicker
07-Oct-10, 19:58
Congratulations Amanda: Well done in getting this far in such a major event. ;-)

Wishing you all the very best for the future...

Don & Dawn S.
(ex. Wick; now Watten)

YummyMummy
07-Oct-10, 20:03
Wow Amanda, that is FANTASTIC! Well done. Well deserved:)

jac1791
07-Oct-10, 20:40
Congratulations Manda, we will see u on T.V yet!!!!

ShelleyCowie
07-Oct-10, 21:02
Massive congratulations Amanda! Told u so many times how talented u are! Knew u cud do it ;)