PDA

View Full Version : Child's Virtual Shared Record

Shabbychic
06-Oct-10, 15:48
I came across this article (http://scottishreview.net/index.shtml), and thought it might be of interest to parents. Apparently the Highland Council will be the first to pilot the scheme, so I believe local parents should do further research into the implications if this is to be carried out.

More details can be found here (http://search1.scotland.gov.uk/Scotland/C=eJw9T8tywyAM1Kf4kJ46HcsPbDj2SzIEFJsJAVfg1Pn7gg%2 19aKTVrrT7Awvl7MLSuNywW9bc3CM39CJ%21N2Z13oIHChDg23 vY1hgoOwMInp5PDR3obeN4FIDh6*GOe1g%21etyIUwylcbUkE7 PXwbYzdpMSKAc1TbMSahynIvt8nH8K8ZduyWVq%21wEHlCgQp6 6X8ygHPHkvx3nXvp5cNVOVMJnItu2EGCWqoRvmaZY4i14hWPOE UJPA5djStVhYUs1yThT0zZOFu*aJKnRlbd2eSpILGzq2Yvh**Q fPOlml?action=search&q=getting%20it%20right%20for%20every%20child&r=c%24Site%2f17998559243394953613&w=1&scm=never&dcm=never&$rcexpanded=false).

Have also found Part 1 of Kenneth Roy's article here (http://newsnetscotland.com/speakers/751-big-brother-scotland).

Margaret M.
06-Oct-10, 19:01
Wow, there is so much to be concerned about there! The concern starts with the lack of a decent explanation as to why every last detail about a child, from womb through 18 years of age, is being collected.

changilass
06-Oct-10, 19:08
Maybe so that lots of different people don't think that there is only one small problem. This will hopefully stop kids falling through the gaps for whatever reason.

If all the stuff is together then maybe action can be taken sooner rather than later.

All this stuff is already together under the control of your childs head teacher or 'lead adult'.

I don't like it being available in a virtual format though.

Find the south's best supermarket deals in the Publix weekly ad (https://www.weeklyads2.com/publix/).

brandy
06-Oct-10, 21:03
i dont like the fact that parents are not being informed and that the children are being asked consent without parents knowlege.
i was under the understanding that as long as a child was under age that
everything had to be okd by parent/guardian!

changilass
06-Oct-10, 21:12
Your underage child can be given contraceptives or even an abortion without your knowledge, so nothing new here.

brandy
06-Oct-10, 21:23
that is so wrong!
luckily i have boys so no abortions to deal with at least.
but thats not something any child should have to make a choice about,
without the proper counciling to go before it. and something that parents should def. be informed about, even if the final choice insnt thiers.

redeyedtreefrog
06-Oct-10, 21:48
Why do they need this info?

changilass
06-Oct-10, 22:09
Child protection, its about making things right for every child.

If having info on my child keeps another safe then I'm all for it, I just question the security for the actual data, in as much as how easy it would be for the wrong folks to get their hands on it.

brandy
06-Oct-10, 23:11
i personally dont have a prob. with the idea of it.. and if it makes things safer then by all means.. i agree with the privacy of it though.. how safe is it?
and i dont like the fact that parents are not informed that its being done.
they cant give a child a plaster or a hug but every sec. of their lives can be recoreded?
a bit lopsided if you ask me.

Dadie
07-Oct-10, 08:59
As long as the details are kept safe I dont have a problem with it!
On the most part it will make pretty boring reading.
But if it identifies kids and families needing extra help before things get out of control it will be good?? If they do something with the information!

squidge
08-Oct-10, 19:12
Are you kiddIng me? A secret database of a load of professionals opinions which we as parents or even as grown up children won't get to see? Think about some of the opinions of the professionals that have been in the news recently... Child neglect suspected because she wasn't made to wear a coat, a dinner lady dealing with suggestions that she was grooming a child for giving him a biscuit at lunchtime; even some of their mainstream views make me roll my eyes. What happens if a person does not like a child and puts a skewed opinion of their behaviour.
Don't think it won't happen because we have all known teachers who did not act fairly or picked ona particular child. I think it is nonsense and potentially dangerous and damaging nonsense at that. Some professionals are less professional than others remember.

Dadie
09-Oct-10, 00:05
Och my kids are not made to wear a coat..but the coat is always there if they want it...
Thrawn...:lol:
But as I said not exciting reading...mum took down cosy coat ..child refused to wear it..mum counted to 3 and child was made to hold on to pram for the duration of the trip home...howling and hating mum...whatever for 5 mins....