PDA

View Full Version : A modern country

andrew.bowles30
06-Oct-10, 14:32
its time to modernise this country get pepole that think its a joke to sit on the dole its better than work we all pay for them in some way in our taxes
also family allowences if you earn £45,000 in all not seperatly then i think you dont need it savings have to be made its nasty but if we carry on we go bust we must stop borrowing to give to other countrys
come on gov tell the other countrys we have nothing to give have a back bone and stand up to them look after our own first sorry but its blunt and open,also the nagging unions trying to make this country come to a holt its only the comon pepole in the land they hurt not govement so bont be draen into there trap they only look after them selfs just look at what the top brass in the unions earn well ive had my mone come join me in this thread and have your say :eek:

redeyedtreefrog
06-Oct-10, 16:36
What, have they introduced a Punctuation Tax?!

Corrie 3
06-Oct-10, 16:45
I think this thread has come to a FULL STOP!!!!!!

C3....:roll::roll:

Kodiak
06-Oct-10, 16:47
I am out of breath trying to read that. Try again!!

billmoseley
06-Oct-10, 17:01
i agree with everything you said it is time we looked after ourselves and let the rest of the world look after it's self.

unicorn
06-Oct-10, 17:48
I think you have a good point Andrew and well done you for having the gumption to post your thoughts.
Since when has it been an offence to not have as good grammar or punctuation as others around you.
I don't believe people should be ridiculed for not being "perfect".

George Brims
06-Oct-10, 18:47

Apparently there's a tariff on spelling properly as well.

George Brims
06-Oct-10, 18:50
I don't believe people should be ridiculed for not being "perfect".

It's not a matter of perfect. It's a matter of being able to be understood. On that score, the poster has failed miserably.

annemarie482
06-Oct-10, 18:51
all the usual "guff" about spelling etc ignored.........pretty good post!
i believe in look after no.1 first!!
charity begins at home.
as for those happy to sit on the dole..........my centiments exactly!:lol:

ducati
06-Oct-10, 18:53
I don't get why being selfish and insular would make this country modern?

Bazeye
06-Oct-10, 23:36
all the usual "guff" about spelling etc ignored.........pretty good post!
i believe in look after no.1 first!!
charity begins at home.
as for those happy to sit on the dole..........my centiments exactly!:lol:

Agree. I understood the point the poster was making.

George Brims
07-Oct-10, 21:03
I'm with Ducati on this issue. I usually find that "charity begins at home" is the mantra of those who have none.

shazzap
07-Oct-10, 21:25
Agree totally with you, A B.

bagpuss
07-Oct-10, 21:58
Limiting foreign aid would be in direct contravention of the United Nations and Unesco rulings. All UN coutries are expected to contribute a percentage to international emergencies.

and as members of the commonwealth we have a moral obligation to support the former Empire

ducati
08-Oct-10, 07:55
As the USA found out in the middle of the 20th century, you cannot turn your back on the world and expect it to go away.

If, as a country, you need to have influence in the world, then you had better be prepared go out and do.

scotsboy
08-Oct-10, 09:15
I'm with Ducati on this issue. I usually find that "charity begins at home" is the mantra of those who have none.

Classic quote there George, hope you don't mind if I use that.

scotsboy
08-Oct-10, 09:17
As the USA found out in the middle of the 20th century, you cannot turn your back on the world and expect it to go away.

If, as a country, you need to have influence in the world, then you had better be prepared go out and do.

"We"did that already thought....didn't we? The Scottish Enlightenment laid the foundations for the modern World.........just a pity we forgot to follow it at home!