PDA

View Full Version : Fantastic Day

Kevin Milkins
06-Oct-10, 00:32
It's my 54Th birthday today and as you get older you tend to want to keep these sort of mile stones quiet and let them slip by unnoticed.

This year was no exception , but when I logged onto facebook expecting to read the usual "I took the cat to the vet because it's got piles" I was mildly delighted that half the world was wishing me a happy birthday.:Razz OK, that's technoligy for you.

I trot off to work and the gaffer greets me with "happy birthday Kev" and I say "how did you know it's my birthday? reply, I do your wages.Mmmm,.OK.

I come home from work and Mrs M says "your dinner will an hour" do you want a sandwich? and I get stuck into my computer and have a munch thinking, well my dinner is usually ready when I come home but I have a bit to do so I will be patient.

I am starting to get a bit impatient and the door bell goes , so I answer the door to a friend that I have not seen in ages with the offer a a card and present, ( I am now slightly confused and offer her through to the kitchen and the table is set for five.:confused

By the time I get to gather my thoughts as to what may be going on, Mrs M had cunningly invited a few friends around for dinner and I was genuinely gobsmacked.

Thank you all for turning up at short notice, but more so for Mrs M for the delightful meal and thought that had gone into this evening I am usually a grumpy git, but enjoyed this evening thoroughly and thank you for you all company.

John Little
06-Oct-10, 06:53
Pen-blwydd Hapus a llawer blwydd hapus dydd Mr Milkins! :)

Corrie 3
06-Oct-10, 08:49
Glad you had a lovely day Kevin...I dont agree that you are a grumpy old git though!!!

C3....;)

teenybash
06-Oct-10, 13:55
How lovely for you....happy belated birthday:)

Margaret M.
06-Oct-10, 19:16
Pen-blwydd Hapus a llawer blwydd hapus dydd Mr Milkins! :)

I think I need to find a new Welsh translation site: Birthday Happy I go much year-old happy day.

But just in case that's how they really say it in Wales, I hope you had a great I go much year old happy day, Kevin, Birthday Happy Belated. Well done on the surprise, Mrs. M!

Commore
06-Oct-10, 19:52
Glad you had a lovely day Kevin...I dont agree that you are a grumpy old git though!!!

C3....;)

Happy Birthday, Kevin
I am with the poster, you don't look like the grumpy sort at all!
Message for Mrs. M too,
your green tomato chutney is one of the best I have ever tasted and I thank you for the pleasure,
:)C

Kevin Milkins
06-Oct-10, 20:18
Thank you all for your kind wishes, I think you may have guessed that I was pretty sloshed when I started this thread and felt a bit embarrassed when I read it this morning. It's a good job that I ran out of Coke when I did, and Bacardi and milk does just not work. :lol:

Nice to have met you Commore, and thanks for the jars, Mrs M is doing her beetroot as we speak.

Regards.

KM

Liz
06-Oct-10, 22:34
Crikey Kevin you don't look your age! Neither do you look grumpy!:lol:

Glad you had a lovely day.:D xx

Tilly Teckel
06-Oct-10, 23:28
Penblwydd hapus boyo!

John Little
07-Oct-10, 06:58
Well I thought it was 'Happy birthday and many returns of the day...' :lol

Kevin Milkins
07-Oct-10, 08:25
I hadn't got a clue what it meant either, but I assumed it was something along the lines of happy birthday.:lol:

Blarney
08-Oct-10, 00:28
I hadn't got a clue what it meant either, but I assumed it was something along the lines of happy birthday.:lol:

Nah, I read it as, 'Happy birthday you grumpy, cantankerous old git' but then translation has never been my strong point. I'll probably be in deep doo next week with all our Gaelic friends in the county!

Happy birthday anyway Kev even if it is a bit late :D