PDA

View Full Version : What To Do And See In Caithness

bosco
26-Jul-06, 13:39
:cool: hI i AM COMING UP TO STAY AT LOCH WATTEN CARAVANS FOR A WEEK STARTING 5TH AUGUST, I WOULD WELCOME ANY INFORMATION ON WHAT TO DO AND SEE IN THE AREA, AS I HAVE TWO GIRLS AGED 12, AND 7, . ALSO WHERE CAN I GET A GOOD FISH SUPPER . WE LIVE IN KIRKCALDY FIFE ,

pultneytooner
26-Jul-06, 13:46
:cool: hI i AM COMING UP TO STAY AT LOCH WATTEN CARAVANS FOR A WEEK STARTING 5TH AUGUST, I WOULD WELCOME ANY INFORMATION ON WHAT TO DO AND SEE IN THE AREA, AS I HAVE TWO GIRLS AGED 12, AND 7, . ALSO WHERE CAN I GET A GOOD FISH SUPPER . WE LIVE IN KIRKCALDY FIFE ,
Hehe, you kircaldy folks always come up here for our chipshops.:D

Naefearjustbeer
26-Jul-06, 13:49
http://www.insiteswd.co.uk/theanstruthefishbar/
Get a fish supper before you come up ;) I personally would recomend Henrieta street chip shop in wick, The castletown chip shop or if you are venturing west try the cafe in bettyhill. If the weather is good we have lots of nice beaches all along the coast especially heading west into sutherland. For rainy days 10 pin bowling and a cinema in thurso, Swimming pools in wick and thurso. Lots of nice walks to be had, Dunnet forest is nice and lots of impressive coastline to walk along I would recomend The stacks of Dunscansby, Dunnet Head, Whaligoe Steps Quite steep keep a firm hold of the 7 year old.

Naefearjustbeer
26-Jul-06, 13:59
Also plenty archeology to be seen, camster cairns, hill o many stanes, stone circles, Old castles all along the coastline. There is a jet boat at John O Groats that does nature cruises and whitewater adventures in the pentland firth if you are feeling brave.

dirdyweeker
26-Jul-06, 22:59
http://whatson.caithness.org/month.php?month=8&year=2006

hopefully this link will take you to our "Whats on " page to give you some more suggestions.
If you are planning swimming at Wick Pool it is free from 10am to 3.15pm on a Thursday for all school aged pupils.

htwood
26-Jul-06, 23:59
If its a clear night around the 10th to 12th, and your girls like to stay up late to wish on falling stars, you may get a wonderful view of the Perseid meteor showers.

My sis and I were driving at night from Wick to Westerdale, during the perseids, and we were gobsmacked at the number of meteors we saw. Another happy memory of Caithness.

Cedric Farthsbottom III
27-Jul-06, 00:45

Bosco,ye and yer crowd will arrive in Watten on the Saturday of the Thurso gala night going into gala week!!!:D