PDA

View Full Version : Mini-Moto Track in Wick

rfr10
26-Jul-06, 11:10
Mini- Moto Track in Wick? Good idea or bad? Give reasons please. This is to stop people from using the glass factory car park. Also- If you would be kind enough to fill out a short questionnaire, I would be very grateful, just send me a PM or email.

Ann
26-Jul-06, 11:30
Good idea Robin, but I think it would have to be quite a distance from any housing as the noise will be kinda loud! Good luck; I hope you get the support.

rfr10
26-Jul-06, 11:35
Yea, thats the problem not sure about the situation of the site. We also have to apply for planning permission, don't know if it will be accepted. Thanks for the support. (oh and it was Bills good idea)

rfr10
26-Jul-06, 12:38
Here's an example:
http://www.orlandowatersports.com/images/web/advanced_track.jpg

Of course it wont be as near good as that one is but it will be a similar layout.

bosco
26-Jul-06, 14:29
HI There is a track down beside me in fife, which is one of the farmers fields , and has over 300 members and it keeps the kids of the streets wi there bikes I could get the secretary e- mail address for you and he would gladly give you advice on setting one up

rfr10
26-Jul-06, 14:34
HI There is a track down beside me in fife, which is one of the farmers fields , and has over 300 members and it keeps the kids of the streets wi there bikes I could get the secretary e- mail address for you and he would gladly give you advice on setting one up

That would be great if you could do that, thanks.

buggyracer
26-Jul-06, 15:07
that pic looks more like at dirt bike track than a mini moto track??

Kaishowing
26-Jul-06, 15:24
Why not see if you could use the Quad-Bike track for an afternoon a week or so??? I'm sure that it could be rented for a couple of quid each?? I'm pretty sure an arrangement could be made.:D

mccaugm
26-Jul-06, 17:11
I am not totally au fait with Wick but I thought that the piece of land between battery road and the trinkie was some kind of track. Maybe unofficial. I agree it would be a great idea....insurance is your greatest problem. It seems to be astronomical for these kind of ventures.

2little2late
26-Jul-06, 22:48
What about when the novelty of mini motos wears off?

dirdyweeker
26-Jul-06, 22:52
did the chap Stevens from the bike shop in Coach Road already look into this and decide it was too expensive an option due to insurance. Might be worth having a chat with him.

LENSMAN
27-Jul-06, 18:46
Why not have it so that go-karts could run on it aswell?

dozy
27-Jul-06, 18:56
I tried along with others to set up an indoor out /door track and the old hanger at Wick was the prime place for it .The Council own the hanger and said that the bikes or karts used would leave black marks on the floor and refused it point blank..So the best of luck ....PS the hanger and the ground around it is still the best place ....

rfr10
27-Jul-06, 21:17
If anyone has any other suggestions that they think will be better than a Mini-moto track then please let me know. For those who sent me a PM saying that they will fill out a questionnaire, thanks but I think I'm going to wait a while yet too see what others say about a mini-moto track. Can you think of things that could be set up, even if they've been mentioned before and post them in order of your top priority choice to your lowest priority choice. Thanks

Ps. Sorry for keep changing things around the whole time.

bosco
28-Jul-06, 04:12
Did you get the pm i sent you regarding the phone no of the guy that runs the track down in fife beside me

caithnesslad
09-Aug-06, 18:31
You can't run a mini moto on sand like the quad bike track don't be silly [lol]
i hev a blata n it would b gr8 i could get it on the track :cool: