PDA

View Full Version : Weirdness

Tugmistress
26-Jul-06, 10:55
As some of you know i have a webcam in my living room window that updates every either minute or two minutes 24/7 (i can't remember which lol).
I received an email this morning from someone that was looking at it last night at 22.42 and he saw such a strange image that he emailed me asking what it was.
to be perfectly honest i have no idea!
it is not a reflection of an internal light as the angle of the camera was wrong (it was pointing skywards above the business park thanks to the kitten!) and the curtains were drawn almost together.

it looks almost like a harrier jets boosters ... or has caithness got a UFO :lol:

http://www.tugmistress.co.uk/components/com_ponygallery/img_pictures/weirdness0_20060726_600388154.jpg

candyfloss
26-Jul-06, 11:01
Very spooky :eek:
Maybe it was a little alien coming down for a visit [para]

Ann
26-Jul-06, 11:34
Tugmistress, I think your kitten is really superman in disguise and he was obviously taking off on a mission! Probably there has been a series of murders on the cruise ship in the bay; Inspector Clouseau cannot deduct who the murderer is and your kitten has been called in to help.

Have you seen him this morning?......

Tugmistress
26-Jul-06, 11:40
Tugmistress, I think your kitten is really superman in disguise and he was obviously taking off on a mission! Probably there has been a series of murders on the cruise ship in the bay; Inspector Clouseau cannot deduct who the murderer is and your kitten has been called in to help.

Have you seen him this morning?......
lmao

yup, he is curled up asleep on the chair with the dog at the moment[lol]

i am just stumped as to what the pic is though as the front door is never shut in summer and i heard nothing, and i don't think lossiemouth have harriers?

phoenix
26-Jul-06, 18:47
I see a face just above the lights..........it could be Thor getting into gear to create the thunderstorm we had last night! :Razz

obiron
26-Jul-06, 19:01
oooohh thats wierd its cigar shaped so are some ufos.

emszxr
26-Jul-06, 20:02
is it lightening????
we had it with us last night

George Brims
26-Jul-06, 20:07
I bet it's a flare in your lens. Something bright just outside the field of view of the lens is causing unwanted reflections off the surfaces of some of the lens elements. I wonder where the moon was relative to wher you were pointing. Can't remember where all the brighter planets are these nights.

Dreadnought
26-Jul-06, 20:09
Looks like a Dalek to me. Yup.

moonshadow
26-Jul-06, 20:46
Could be the Caithness Mothman!

fred
26-Jul-06, 20:58
As some of you know i have a webcam in my living room window that updates every either minute or two minutes 24/7 (i can't remember which lol).
I received an email this morning from someone that was looking at it last night at 22.42 and he saw such a strange image that he emailed me asking what it was.
to be perfectly honest i have no idea!

I'd say it was three small bright objects travelling fast enough to look cigar shaped at your webcams shutter speed.

Meteors maybe? One large meteor which broke into three parts?

Gleber2
26-Jul-06, 21:01
It was probably Plastic Food's lighter. See music threads.

Cedric Farthsbottom III
26-Jul-06, 21:06
Noo this is a weird one oor Tugmistress,as this picture is local.Not one of yer usual suspects photos from a magazine,but a genuine Caithness encounter.

At first glance it looks like a normal hoose light phenonema.But from yer bletherings on the org I take ye like masel',doon to earth.

So as I always say,keep yer mind open when ye look at the picture,cos it definitely looks like some sort of UFO.

connieb19
26-Jul-06, 21:11
Or it could be Cedric up to his old tricks again!! :lol:

http://www.d-version.net/foto/farting.jpg

Cedric Farthsbottom III
26-Jul-06, 21:16
Or it could be Cedric up to his old tricks again!! :lol:

http://www.d-version.net/foto/farting.jpg

Oor connie I gave ye that picture discreetly,noo thats twice ye've used it on the org.As long as the nudey one remains anonymous I'll no fret!!!

Tugmistress
26-Jul-06, 23:16
Noo this is a weird one oor Tugmistress,as this picture is local.Not one of yer usual suspects photos from a magazine,but a genuine Caithness encounter.

At first glance it looks like a normal hoose light phenonema.But from yer bletherings on the org I take ye like masel',doon to earth.

So as I always say,keep yer mind open when ye look at the picture,cos it definitely looks like some sort of UFO.

well i like to think i am a down to earth type person ..... if anyone wants to comment or think some more about it, i have just repositioned the camera as to how it was last night ....the link direct to it is here (http://www.tugmistress.co.uk/index.php?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=38), nothing there and the same lights are on in the house!

Cedric Farthsbottom III
26-Jul-06, 23:21
Cheers Tugmistress.I always laugh when folk talk about U.F.O's as aliens,except on that night on the way home fae the Waterfront!!!!:lol: As a UFO is unidentified,is it a fly wi' a torch?A dazzle o' light of glass?Your picture is defintely a Ufo as it unidentified.

Tugmistress
26-Jul-06, 23:54
i still can't see it being a dazzle of light be it from a car or from inside the house :confused
i don't mind people knowing where i live so i will describe where to give you an idea why i don't think it's car lights....
as you turn down to scrabster at the weigh inn, if you look straight ahead you can see scrabster harbour at the bottom, then look up and you can see scrabster village up the cliff top, then look up again and you can see what i call the 'polo mint' on the top of the hill above scrabster village, there is a long low white cottage 'next' to it, that is my house. access is by a rickety lane that leads to a disused quarry. we are not exactly living on a main road lol

Naefearjustbeer
27-Jul-06, 01:14
nice spot to live if you dont mind me saying.

Ricco
27-Jul-06, 09:37
Hi there, Tuggs. I would say that the Harrier jet option is your most likely. But whether the military will own up is another matter.

DrSzin
28-Jul-06, 18:03
I bet it's a flare in your lens. Something bright just outside the field of view of the lens is causing unwanted reflections off the surfaces of some of the lens elements.At first I thought they were multiple reflections from Tugmistress' living room windows, but the multiple images are inclined pairwise, so they could well be reflections from relatively-inclined or curved surfaces - as found in camera lenses, for example.

Tugmistress, do you have double glazing? If so, are the two panes horribly distorted? :lol:

I wonder where the moon was relative to where you were pointing. Can't remember where all the brighter planets are these nights.As far as I can ascertain, the photo was taken during the night of July 25/26 when there was essentially zero moon (http://www.dacre.net/moon/moonphase.html). Anyway, the images are yellow(ish), so I would guess they came from a domestic light source.

canuck
28-Jul-06, 18:14
Ah, reality returns to the org. DrSzin has come home from his vacation.

Ann
28-Jul-06, 22:21
22.29pm it's there again!!!!

http://www.tugmistress.co.uk/index.php?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=38

Cedric Farthsbottom III
28-Jul-06, 22:23
There's only 1 this time,oh yeah the X-files on Caithness org......Rock on!!!!:lol:A massive face too!!!!Oh yeah!!!!

canuck
28-Jul-06, 22:24
Gosh, half the world is looking out Tuggs front window and wondering what it is they see.

Cedric Farthsbottom III
28-Jul-06, 22:52
Roll over Arthur.c.Clarke and Derek Acorah.....we don't need ye anymore....the answers are all in Tugmistress garden!!!!:lol: :lol:

canuck
29-Jul-06, 00:06
I guess that 4 billion peering eyes must have frightened it off. Either that or Caithness has been invaded and the best of the .org carried off. Good bye my friends. I shall miss you. Gleber2 are you still having your party?

Cedric Farthsbottom III
29-Jul-06, 00:11
I guess that 4 billion peering eyes must have frightened it off. Either that or Caithness has been invaded and the best of the .org carried off. Good bye my friends. I shall miss you. Gleber2 are you still having your party?

He's still partying canuck,we've not been invaded ........yet!!!!:lol: :lol:

canuck
29-Jul-06, 04:03

Cedric, would they take you twice?

Tugmistress
29-Jul-06, 08:48
If you saw them again last night, then i would have to say some sort of reflection from in the house but i don't know where from !
definately not car lights as i don't have one now (it got rolled and squished in a ditch thursday evening and is in an uplift yard in inverness)

http://www.tugmistress.co.uk/components/com_ponygallery/img_pictures/ooops1_20060729_-588583923.JPG

Gleber2
29-Jul-06, 12:23
I shall play my guitar as the planet burns.

Cedric Farthsbottom III
29-Jul-06, 23:54
I shall play my guitar as the planet burns.

And I'll play the recorder wi' ye ma auld pal as it does!!!!!!:lol: :lol: