PDA

View Full Version : David Morrison

Scunner
04-Oct-10, 17:40
Just seen one of David Morrisons paintings valued on The Hour. Well done. It was one that he gave away at a Folk Festival in Thurso.

cherokee
04-Oct-10, 18:08
It was one that he gave away at a Folk Festival in Thurso.

Having seen David Morrison's artwork ... I'm actually amazed that he could even "give one away" - I wouldn't even entertain one of his "so-called" paintings in my sitting room ..... I really do think that a child painting by numbers could show a much better result than said "SO CALLED" art work from Mr David Morrison !!!! LOL .........

George Brims
04-Oct-10, 21:29
OK I'll bite. Is there somewhere online I could see his work to see whether the snarky attitude of cherokee is justified?

Aussiewicker
04-Oct-10, 21:55
OK I'll bite. Is there somewhere online I could see his work to see whether the snarky attitude of cherokee is justified?

on this very web-site.... see: http://www.caithness.org/artsgallery/photogallery/index.php?gallery=11

Kevin Milkins
04-Oct-10, 23:10
It is said "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" and I find some of his work interesting.

Aaldtimer
05-Oct-10, 02:45
Having seen David Morrison's artwork ... I'm actually amazed that he could even "give one away" - I wouldn't even entertain one of his "so-called" paintings in my sitting room ..... I really do think that a child painting by numbers could show a much better result than said "SO CALLED" art work from Mr David Morrison !!!! LOL .........

"They" probably said the same about Picasso at one time...and Dali...and Van Gogh...et al:(

sids
05-Oct-10, 07:43

on this very web-site.... see: http://www.caithness.org/artsgallery/photogallery/index.php?gallery=11

They're not that bad in the link.

Now where can we see Cherokee's superior works?

floyed
05-Oct-10, 07:53
I had a look at the link, there not my cup of tea. But im sure there are lots of people who like them.:D

Doreen
05-Oct-10, 08:00
Itotally agree with cheeroke i would not even have one of them hanging up in my shed :eek:

Cattach
05-Oct-10, 09:17
"They" probably said the same about Picasso at one time...and Dali...and Van Gogh...et al:(

Yes but art often is more about technique and creativity than how the actual subject looks on the canvas. The above mentioned had style, technique and creativity but David Morrison has none of those talents.

Mrs Bucket
05-Oct-10, 09:54
Well done David congratrulations:D

_Ju_
05-Oct-10, 11:11
The paintings are an interpretation. If you want precise reproduction, you get a photograph. I like what I saw.

Corrie 3
05-Oct-10, 11:48
I think they looked brilliant....Well done!!

C3...:)

_Ju_
05-Oct-10, 16:22
Yes but art often is more about technique and creativity than how the actual subject looks on the canvas. The above mentioned had style, technique and creativity but David Morrison has none of those talents.

Van Gogh was not considered competent in technique or creative by his contempories ( excluding the impressionists he hang out with). In his life time he sold one painting. Only after his death was his creativity and technique recognized for what it was.

Cattach
05-Oct-10, 16:47
Van Gogh was not considered competent in technique or creative by his contempories ( excluding the impressionists he hang out with). In his life time he sold one painting. Only after his death was his creativity and technique recognized for what it was.

Van Gogh hardly had much time to be appreciated by his contemporaries or to sell many painting. He took up painting late in his short life, completed all of his works of quality in his last two years before he killed himself. Being virually a recluse he was not able or interested in fame and fortune. David Morrison on the other hand has sought the limelight in a number of areas of the arts and by sounding off on many other topics to little affect.

orkneycadian
05-Oct-10, 17:44
Itotally agree with cheeroke i would not even have one of them hanging up in my shed :eek:

I might, if there was a hole in the shed needing patching![lol]

George Brims
06-Oct-10, 00:38
OK I looked. I think he's very good. Number 12 of the ones on display on the org (the very red one) creeps me out for reasons I can't quite fathom. Now that is art!

sids
06-Oct-10, 07:47
David Morrison on the other hand has sought the limelight in a number of areas of the arts and by sounding off on many other topics to little affect.

Is that why you don't like his paintings?

Cattach
06-Oct-10, 19:57
Is that why you don't like his paintings?

If you are going to quote then quote the whole quote. Selective quoting changes the point of the argument and of course the point in the first place was in response to a previous posting - of course you maybe are a politician and the 'skill' will come naturally to you.

golach
06-Oct-10, 20:00
Van Gogh hardly had much time to be appreciated by his contemporaries or to sell many painting. He took up painting late in his short life, completed all of his works of quality in his last two years before he killed himself. Being virually a recluse he was not able or interested in fame and fortune. David Morrison on the other hand has sought the limelight in a number of areas of the arts and by sounding off on many other topics to little affect.

Maybe there we have it Cattach, David has contributed something to Caithness, question is have you? And notice I did not cherrypick any of your post.

sids
06-Oct-10, 21:40
If you are going to quote then quote the whole quote. .

Why? The first half of your post was about Vincent Van Gogh. That's why I didn't re-inflict it on the long suffering readers of the David Morrison thread.

sids
06-Oct-10, 21:43
David Morrison on the other hand has sought the limelight in a number of areas of the arts and by sounding off on many other topics to little affect.

You could say that about Salvador Dali, maybe even Leonardo da Vinci.

Definitely true of Tracy Emin and the cow-sawing bloke.

bagpuss
06-Oct-10, 22:35
Ian C Scott's paintings tend to be swapped for those of artists he admires- wonder how many swaps he's done with David?