PDA

View Full Version : Google Maps

ducati
04-Oct-10, 08:54
I've just had it pointed out to me that on Street View there is a lovely picture of me sitting in the garden fixing the strimmer.

What an opportunity missed (if only we knew when the car would be there) for mooning :lol:, advertising or hello Mums.

What would you have done?

upolian
04-Oct-10, 09:50
I gave them a wave :D

Phill
04-Oct-10, 10:05
I played them at their own game:
http://i805.photobucket.com/albums/yy337/Phill_Rawlins/itsalljustrandom/bigbrother.jpg

Ha ha! They think they can get one over me......
http://i805.photobucket.com/albums/yy337/Phill_Rawlins/itsalljustrandom/looking2.jpg

Their spy car and me taking a picture of them taking a picture of me, ha, foiled their little plan........[para]

Kevin Milkins
04-Oct-10, 10:13
http://i805.photobucket.com/albums/yy337/Phill_Rawlins/itsalljustrandom/bigbrother.jpg

That would be a useful bit of kit to strap to the roof of your car when going on a sight seeing holiday of the UK.

You could take loads of pictures of the places you visit, (without getting out of the car and being mugged), it would give you loads more time to spend in the pub, and then have a look at you holiday when you get home.:Razz

Phill
04-Oct-10, 10:21
Better still: Find a local pub with WiFi, take in yer laptop and Streetview yer way round the globe on an international world tour without the expense of travelling.

Job Done!
:Razz

Kevin Milkins
04-Oct-10, 10:38
Better still: Find a local pub with WiFi, take in yer laptop and Streetview yer way round the globe on an international world tour without the expense of travelling.

Job Done!
:Razz

What a great plan,:Razz I always wondered what people do on there lap tops in Wetherspoons.

We are going to Gran Canaria today on our holidays, (via Wetherspoons of course).;)

Bazeye
04-Oct-10, 21:32
Someone is actually doing, or have done the whole streetview from JoG to Lands End. Why?:roll:

Dadie
04-Oct-10, 21:35
To prove they actually did the walk?

Bazeye
04-Oct-10, 21:35
My sons on it in the garden with his Grandad in Hakon Road while we were up in Thurso.

Bazeye
04-Oct-10, 21:37
To prove they actually did the walk?

Theyre not actually doing the walk though, theyre sat at their PC doing it.

George Brims
04-Oct-10, 21:38
They haven't done my street yet. Reminds me, I must get the grass cut. Except that here in sunny California, where it never rains, it is drizzling non-stop.

Bazeye
04-Oct-10, 21:39
Theyre not actually doing the walk though, theyre sat at their PC doing it.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3095369/Im-walking-from-Lands-End-to-John-OGroatsvirtually.html

Dadie
04-Oct-10, 21:39
Oh well sponser me for a virtual JOG to Lands end walk.
I will do it in my jammies and slipper drinking tea and dunking bikkies..:lol:

Dadie
05-Oct-10, 22:27
Might as well sponser me...just looked at the minutes from the parent committee meeting I missed (Euan had a chest infection so I couldnt make it) for our nursery...and with the coffee morning/baking/carboot organised I reckon I need to do fundraising somehow......:eek:

sassylass
07-Oct-10, 01:41
They haven't done my street yet. Reminds me, I must get the grass cut. Except that here in sunny California, where it never rains, it is drizzling non-stop.

Didn't I read it was 111F last week...and now you say it's raining?

George Brims
07-Oct-10, 21:14
We have had the weirdest sequence of weather down here. Monday of last week it was 113F in downtown Los Angeles - hottest day ever. It was 105 or so at our house. Fortunately that heat didn't last too long. Next we got monsoonal thunderstorms coming up from Mexico, then morning fog/drizzle, and yesterday (Wed) we got real solid rain -over an inch where I live and similar amounts other places. High temp yesterday was about 68, and the mountains got their first SNOW! It's kind of hard to decide what to wear every day.

Rheghead
07-Oct-10, 21:18
Don't worry about it, it's all cyclical. :p

George Brims
08-Oct-10, 17:34
True enough. It's just that the cycles are usually much slower here. I once read that you can be a 95% accurate weather forecaster in LA by saying tomorrow will be much the same as today. Nobody actually minds the wee spell of rain, as we always get the Santa Ana condition in October, when the hot winds blow down from the desert and the whole place goes up in flames. Dampening everything down in advance of that is grand. Fingers crossed.