PDA

View Full Version : Media Manipulation

scotsboy
25-Jul-06, 18:59
I am sure when it comes to major events ……..like 9/11 people make up their minds based on the information as presented, take some of it with a pinch of salt, look through various alternative sources and make up their minds as to what occurred. We will have extremes, as demonstrated on this forum – however the undisputable fact is that it was an act of terrorism, whether it was carried out by Al Qeda (as believed by the vast majority of posters) or by the US Government (as believed by a few). Both are entitled to their opinion, and they base this on evidence as they see it.

A couple of weeks ago I was reading a scientific paper on the cancer consequences of the Chernobyl nuclear accident, which basically said that there were fewer instances of cancer than one may have predicted based upon current understanding of the biological effects of ionizing radiation.
http://ej.iop.org/links/q64/GryXB,4U0kEvDO3agfirqw/jrp6_2_001.pdf

A week or so later I saw a section in the Times Online, relating to the paper and a forthcoming Horizon documentary about the aftermath of Chernobyl.
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,8122-2263204.html

It wasn’t till I later saw the news and the UK governments U-turn on nuclear power that I thought……….mmm insn’t that coincidental. Now don’t get me wrong it would take a conspiracy theorist greater than Fred to link Chernobyl, global warming, emerging economies, population growth and the middle east crisis. The point I am trying to make is that I am sure there is an orchestrated campaign to try to smooth the way for a return of Nuclear to the UK energy policy. Don’t get me wrong I am all for it (nuclear power that is, not manipulation of the media) – but it just seemed a bit odd that of the thousands of papers and information available on Chernobyl this was highlighted at that time.

sjwahwah
25-Jul-06, 19:48
clever boy!

Skerries
26-Jul-06, 01:22
You're quite right Scotsboy. It's amazing how much of this stuff pops up at convenient times.

Have a look at www.nuclearspin.org (http://www.nuclearspin.org) and draw your own conclusions!

fred
26-Jul-06, 11:57
Manipulation of reality is not unusual, it's the norm, it's all around us especially when you get a person, or group of people who think they are better than everyone else, it's a control thing.

It happens all the time, especially on internet forums.

JAWS
26-Jul-06, 12:57
Manipulation of reality is not unusual, it's the norm, it's all around us especially when you get a person, or group of people who think they are better than everyone else, it's a control thing.

It happens all the time, especially on internet forums.Well said fred. You must have been looking in the mirror.

Anybody else recognise a group who attempt to make everybody see things their way, and only their way, by use of the manipulation of reality?

I wonder who might be trying to control what people are supposed to believe?

Ah well, I suppose I'd better go and get my ego polished a little just so I can believe I'm better than everybody else because I don't jump to other people's tunes.

I’d better go and get my fix of Fox News, I just can’t cope without my hourly fix of Media Manipulation. Fox on the odd hours, CNN on the even Hours,
I’ve never been quite the same since I stopped being able to get Voice of America and Radio Free Europe. Can you still get them on Short Wave.
If you can then I’m going to have to buy a new radio, there seems to be a conspiracy amongst Radio Manufacturers to stop me getting part of my daily dose of Propaganda.

Have those sneaky Americans invaded China yet? The plan is in it’s final stages ready to be put into action. I know this because the President of Venezuela is is going there to tell them after he’s called at Moscow to advise Mr Putin.
The advice I got was quite correct, Venezuela is a good source for news. Reading the Presidents travel plans tells you a lot about what's on his mind.
By your friends shall you be known and he has a very interesting list of friend, very interesting indeed.

Gleber2
26-Jul-06, 14:34
Ah well, I suppose I'd better go and get my ego polished a little just so I can believe I'm better than everybody else because I don't jump to other people's tunes.

If not other peoples tunes, then you need to learn a few more of your own as your dance is getting very repetitive.:Razz

George Brims
26-Jul-06, 20:38
Scientific issues come up in the mass media via a very few routes. As Scotsboy said, there are lots of things published about Chernobyl, but this particular one was highlighted. The first thing we must remember is that journalists are generally not scientifically trained (the BBC used to hire people as "science correspondents" based on the fact they were ex-RAF pilots!), so if you explain things to them in simple terms they can understand there's a better chance that your discovery will be highlighted. The other thing about journos is they like a party - so if you present your results at the "British Ass" (British Association for the Advancement of Science) conference, for example, they are likely to be there. In my own field the AAS (American Astronomical Society) has meetings twice a year, and for the next couple of weeks you would think reading the paper that all the astronomers were making big discoveries at the same time. And then there is the "good news/bad news" factor - no point saying things at Chernobyl are working out as expected (yawn), but point out it's not as bad as once thought (Woohoo!) or even worse (Ay caramba!) and you make the paper. Finally there is the S word. While the Windscale reactor was on fire back in 1957, a journo sidled up to one of the scientists after a press conference and asked, "Listen, what's the sex angle on this?".

sjwahwah
27-Jul-06, 01:03
Well said fred. You must have been looking in the mirror.

Anybody else recognise a group who attempt to make everybody see things their way, and only their way, by use of the manipulation of reality?

I wonder who might be trying to control what people are supposed to believe?

I’d better go and get my fix of Fox News, I just can’t cope without my hourly fix of Media Manipulation. Fox on the odd hours, CNN on the even Hours,
I’ve never been quite the same since I stopped being able to get Voice of America and Radio Free Europe. Can you still get them on Short Wave.
If you can then I’m going to have to buy a new radio, there seems to be a conspiracy amongst Radio Manufacturers to stop me getting part of my daily dose of Propaganda.

Have those sneaky Americans invaded China yet? The plan is in it’s final stages ready to be put into action. I know this because the President of Venezuela is is going there to tell them after he’s called at Moscow to advise Mr Putin.
The advice I got was quite correct, Venezuela is a good source for news. Reading the Presidents travel plans tells you a lot about what's on his mind.
By your friends shall you be known and he has a very interesting list of friend, very interesting indeed.

China has definately invaded the American economy that's for sure.;)

JAWS
27-Jul-06, 01:07
One of the problems with TV News is that the "News Item" with the best filmclips will get priority. Only major stories which are so important they have to be reported don't have to pass the "Exciting Footage" Test.

JAWS
27-Jul-06, 01:11
China has definately invaded the American economy that's for sure.;)That can't be because America has forced China into paying for Oil using Dollars in order to keep the Dollar strong and the Chinese Economy weak.
Or so I was informed some time ago.

sjwahwah
27-Jul-06, 01:13
I was actually referring to the trade deficits and industrial economy.

Cedric Farthsbottom III
27-Jul-06, 01:17
In my eyes the media ootside Caithness give ye the details.The Courier and Groat give you the details of the inside.Both give ye stories,that ye take on to the folk that ye are!!If ye believe it,believe it,if ye don't go and read up about the facts.

If I was to believe the media everytime,then a double decker bus was found on the moon,spaghetti grows on trees,ye would win a prize if your Mars bar had the same barcode as the rest.

Every country has a media.Every story diffirent,every person who reads it taking it diffirent to the next.Conspiracies are born and carried on!!!I read the papers just now and the innocents are dying.....for what?

sjwahwah
27-Jul-06, 02:43
That can't be because America has forced China into paying for Oil using Dollars in order to keep the Dollar strong and the Chinese Economy weak.
Or so I was informed some time ago.
couldn't be more opposite. The Chinese economy is a rising monster.... usa used to have zero trade deficit with China in the mid-eighties... it has been steadily rising.. and since bush has been there it's gone up, up, up and way off the chart... and stands at around $205 billion and is expected to hit the trillions at an even faster rate. And america's addiction to opecs oil is nothing near their addiction to chinese manufactured goods...plastic toys, clothes..auto parts... cosmetics.. what have you. The cash the US exports to China now far surpasses petro dollars by several several billion a year.

Then of course last year, China revalued the yuan. Eventhough the US gov made a big deal about it and everyone clapped at the press conference. Revaluing the yuan just meant it took fewer yuan to buy a buck. The spun line was that now US products are cheaper and China will buy more to balance out the trade deficit a bit. They didn't.. prices only inflated on the products to compensate for the revaluation... in effect devaluing the buck... and on with rising interest rates to get the loot back.

The same week the currency change took place China's state oil company bought Unocal.... for several billion less than they would have the week before! and on it goes.. buying up Americas manufacturer and corporations.

Where we work a 35 hour week... China works a 60 hour week... compounded by the worlds largest enslaved workforce in the Chinese prisons.... before we know it China will repeal the 1 child law and somebodys gonna be in big trouble. So, quite frankly, financially China is the new Saudi Arabia.. just bigger.... or so I was informed some time ago.

sjwahwah
27-Jul-06, 03:16
no.. i'm not hijacking the thread... Some Americans still think Chinas revaluation of the yuan was a great thing as applauded by the government and reinforced by the media...all lies of course... and the manipulation was applied expertly in this case. but, this is all of course still a "new" thing... surprises are yet to come I'm sure.

unocal... pipelines...false flag operations... invasions... afghanistans selected president Karzai (ex-unocal)... more middle east wars...pipelines(again).. china.. unocal? there's a scary sequence.

Ricco
27-Jul-06, 09:46
Manipulation?

We must be in....

THE MATRIX!! :eek: