PDA

View Full Version : Its just a car,or is it?

cuddlepop
03-Oct-10, 12:06
I was wondering if anyone else is "attached" to their car?

Our landy is going to cost more to repair now than makes sense so we'll have to let her go.
That car since the day we got her has been a faithfull friend.Even when the cylinder head went we managed to nurse her back home,stopping to fill her with water from the burns.

Its the thought of her ending up at the scrapies that brings a wee tear to the eye.
Maybe someone will want her for the croft,fingers crossed.:)

shazzap
03-Oct-10, 12:17
I don't get attached to inanimate objects.

billmoseley
03-Oct-10, 12:21
i think cars become like pets and wives. you get used to there funny little ways and doing the unexpected. as you said you nurse them though things for better or worse. but it comes a time when you have to put then down for there own good. (pets that is not wives ).

Kodiak
03-Oct-10, 13:01
I am very attached to my Car and his name is the "Captain". Each year I save up so as to get a new MOT and each year with the Insurance, Road Tax and repairs for the MOT it costs me an average of £800 to £1000.

It takes a lot to save this amount and I start as soon as I have paid for everything. The only thing my car is now 14 years old and has a book price of about £300 to £400.

So am I carzy? To some I am but to me my Car is worth it, I like my Car. Besides I could never afford to buy a new car and I really require mine to get out at all. So at the moment it my only option.

Beat Bug
03-Oct-10, 13:31
I too am attached to my car. Her name is Ava, and she will be 40 this December. Yes, 40! I've owned her for 26 years, and I've pledged with the owners club to keep her forever. And I've got the T-shirt to prove it. In those 26 years she's had a new body, further new wings, gear box, clutches, radiators, hoses, wires, lights, instruments etc. You name it! And that's all on top of servicing and MOT's. When I first got her, it cost me £5 for a tank of petrol. Now it's £35! But at lease the tax is free.

EDDIE
03-Oct-10, 13:31
Whats wrong with your landy?
Have you tried Viking motors for a estimate repair there quite good with there prices if you look in the recomendations section on here they get a lot of good comments?

changilass
03-Oct-10, 13:40
Bit of a long way to go from Skye though Eddie.

But can certainly recommend Viking to anyone a bitty closer to home.

cuddlepop
03-Oct-10, 16:07
Whats wrong with your landy?
Have you tried Viking motors for a estimate repair there quite good with there prices if you look in the recomendations section on here they get a lot of good comments?

She's got 197000 on the clock and thats on the same engine,I think she's "worn out" for any heavy duty stuff but she'll be "good around the croft".;)

poppett
03-Oct-10, 16:40
I have been known to have a hissy fit when upgrading my car was mentioned. She is almost twelve now. Apart from the sentimental value it wouldn`t make sense to park anything half decent where we live and we need the car at the door for emergencies and mobility reasons.

Vistravi
03-Oct-10, 21:44
I'm not attached to our car but i do love driving it. I've liked the vectra sri's for some time so its great to own one. Cant wait for thye day i can drive it on my own.

My partner has had his "baby" for 3 years now and is starting to fret about the winter salt affecting it. He's defintly attached!

We have 2 cars, his "baby" is too precious for me to drive lol. He'd scream mourning its loss before i'd turned the engine on :lol: