PDA

View Full Version : Photoshop CS5

Rheghead
02-Oct-10, 16:52
Just wondering if there's anyone who has upgraded and thinks it is worth it?:)

Deemac
02-Oct-10, 17:26

Fantastic upgrade. Context aware fill is generally beyond belief!

nirofo
02-Oct-10, 17:29

Depends what you are upgrading from and whether you need all the bells an whistles that come with it, it's a very serious professional package but even professionals don't use a half of what's in it. Adobe has just released Photoshop Elements 9, this package will do the majority of things that mere mortals want to do with their photos and at only £78 inc VAT compared to more than £400 for Photoshop CS5 Extended.

Here's a web link to Adobe Photoshop Elements 9 info.
http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshopel/

nirofo.

Mystical Potato Head
02-Oct-10, 17:44
Fantastic upgrade. Context aware fill is generally beyond belief!

And breast enhancement is so much better too.:evil:

Mystical Potato Head
02-Oct-10, 17:59
Depends what you are upgrading from and whether you need all the bells an whistles that come with it, it's a very serious professional package but even professionals don't use a half of what's in it. Adobe has just released Photoshop Elements 9, this package will do the majority of things that mere mortals want to do with their photos and at only £78 inc VAT compared to more than £400 for Photoshop CS5 Extended.

Here's a web link to Adobe Photoshop Elements 9 info.
http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshopel/

nirofo.

More bells and whistles = gooooooood,less = baaaaaad.

I think the whole point of the of the Creative Suites be it CS3,4 or 5 is that no matter what you require,you will find it,hence the price.
I doubt any single professional will ever use all of it but as everyones requirements are different i'm pretty sure that nearly all of the bells and whistles get used by someone at some time or other.

nirofo
03-Oct-10, 01:15
More bells and whistles = gooooooood,less = baaaaaad.

I think the whole point of the of the Creative Suites be it CS3,4 or 5 is that no matter what you require,you will find it,hence the price.
I doubt any single professional will ever use all of it but as everyones requirements are different i'm pretty sure that nearly all of the bells and whistles get used by someone at some time or other.

I'm not knocking Photoshop CS5, I use it myself, it's an excellent piece of kit I wouldn't be without, I've used just about every incarnation of Photoshop since it first came out in the early 90's. What I was trying to put across was, if you are not extremely seriously into photgraphy, very rich, or have the same requirements a pro might need, then there are other software packages that will do an excellent job at a fraction of the price.

nirofo.