PDA

View Full Version : Strictly....

John Little
01-Oct-10, 21:14
Well that wasn't a bad start. But Felicity should have wiggled more.
Should be fun when Widdecombe hits the floor....

John Little
01-Oct-10, 21:18
Well who would have suspected Hunter could do that? What would Jack Meadows have said?

Aaldtimer
01-Oct-10, 21:27
Well that wasn't a bad start. But Felicity should have wiggled more.
Should be fun when Widdecombe hits the floor....

You're watching TV when you have a Folk Festival in town?:confused

http://www.folkspots.btinternet.co.uk/trust/fest10/index10.htm#top

John Little
01-Oct-10, 21:31
That's tomorrow.

And it is pouring doon!

Patsy Kensit in a big red frock is worth a look.....

(and you knew what I was talking about - you watching too?)

Aaldtimer
01-Oct-10, 21:46
That's tomorrow.

And it is pouring doon!

Patsy Kensit in a big red frock is worth a look.....

(and you knew what I was talking about - you watching too?)

You gotta be kidding...BBC4, '70s singer/songwriters...Memories! :)

John Little
01-Oct-10, 21:48
LOL. Well I live with a very determined woman.....

Aaldtimer
01-Oct-10, 21:49
It's a good prog...think it's on again in wee sma' 'oors!:cool:

John Little
01-Oct-10, 21:58
Ah well, being an auld geezer I shall be well abed.
That Pamela Stephenson is a nice wee mover....

This programme has its compensations.

Kodiak
01-Oct-10, 22:39
You're watching TV when you have a Folk Festival in town?:confused

http://www.folkspots.btinternet.co.uk/trust/fest10/index10.htm#top

When Strictly is on....then it is no contest. Mind you anything is better than a Folk Festival...........Shudders!!!

Aaldtimer
02-Oct-10, 02:49
Different strokes...:)

John Little
02-Oct-10, 09:09
And it's not a true 'Folk' festival. What happens is that the town gets invaded by morris dancers who prance about at various places up and down the street so that their music overlaps and clashes. Lots of dudes with beer bellies and strange costumes overflow the pubs and drink them dry whilst their coaches clog the carparks.

And how did you know it was on?

Not a closet morris dancer are you?

And it will be pukkah television tonight when Doris Karloff struts her stuff- now that really is going to be worth seeing.

billmoseley
02-Oct-10, 10:30
i'm thinking matt might be the man to beat

Liz
02-Oct-10, 12:53
i'm thinking matt might be the man to beat

Yes Matt was brilliant! It's okay having some like Anne Widdecombe and Paul Daniels for 'comedy value' but I prefer watching those who can really dance.:D

John Little
02-Oct-10, 18:09
Well that was a good start!

Dadie
02-Oct-10, 18:35
I just love looking at the dresses...and being envious of anyone who can walk never mind dance in killer heels!
Im such a klutz slipping and tripping around in flat shoes since having the kids I have forgotten how to walk in heels!

John Little
02-Oct-10, 18:46
Well that was like watching a hippo dance! But she's a game 'un!

Aaldtimer
02-Oct-10, 20:43
And it's not a true 'Folk' festival. What happens is that the town gets invaded by morris dancers who prance about at various places up and down the street so that their music overlaps and clashes. Lots of dudes with beer bellies and strange costumes overflow the pubs and drink them dry whilst their coaches clog the carparks.

And how did you know it was on?

Not a closet morris dancer are you?

Sounds about par for the course!
Ever tried going to any of the concerts though?

I spotted it being plugged on another Forum (Mudcat Cafe), and remembered you'd mentioned you lived there.

I did have a wee go with the local side in Somerset once, on a boozy Sunday afternoon in the pub car park!:)
Believe me, these guys are fit! Hanky -wavers or not.
I was sore for about a week afterwards!:eek:

John Little
03-Oct-10, 08:38
Concerts in the pubs? No - I cannot say that I have been to them. Not my style really.

Aye I know they are fit - remember I told a story about Gloucester Morris men chasing some yobs who pushed one of their number into a fountain? They caught them, beat them with staves and threw them into the pond.

Ye don't mess with the Moorish men.

Vis a vis Strictly - I do think that the Widdecombe woman has a lot of sand - I would not care to do it!

billmoseley
03-Oct-10, 10:28
some how don't think ann will will but her banter with craig could be good for a weel or too but the younger girls were not as good as i expected:)

John Little
09-Oct-10, 18:23
Well that there Patsy Kensit can move some!

John Little
09-Oct-10, 18:33
And who would have thought DS hunter could shift like that!:eek:

John Little
10-Oct-10, 19:46
Bet Paul Daniels goes out.......

John Little
10-Oct-10, 20:06
Well! I would not have thought Goldie!!

Kodiak
10-Oct-10, 20:10
Yup and that was the correct decision in my opinion. Paul Daniels out next week.........Well hopefully :D

Liz
10-Oct-10, 23:51
I thought Peter Shilton should have gone tonight but not bothered that Goldie went.:D

Don't know why they bother with the results show on a Sunday. It's so drawn out and was better when they did it on the Saturday night.
Thankfully, I recorded it so could fast forward through most of it and just get the results.

Have to say there are much better dancers this year which is great. I was going to stop watching it if they were as bad as last year.

George Brims
11-Oct-10, 20:07
Well that there Patsy Kensit can move some!
I remember some of her moves from some of the movies she did many years ago. Not for family television though - costume seemed somewhat sparse as I recall. :D

lexie
12-Oct-10, 18:32
.........as usuall public vote on personalities and not dancing abilities ! there were worse than Goldie ... far worse on Saturday night !!

John Little
17-Oct-10, 19:32
I reckon Paul Daniels is a gonner this time!

billmoseley
18-Oct-10, 10:19
bye paul. but pam is gonna take some beating not bad for 60year old but lets see how things shape up in a few weeks

Kodiak
18-Oct-10, 11:00
Looks like my prediction last was correct and Paul is gone. Who for next week.............I say next week Peter Shilton will be put out..............Have to wait and see if I am right or wrong. :Razz

John Little
23-Oct-10, 21:33
Scott Maslin's tango was pretty good!

shazzap
23-Oct-10, 21:42
Anne Widdicombe, is the Wagner of Strictly.:lol:

John Little
24-Oct-10, 19:42
Got to be Shilton out this week. Penguin stuck in the mud is about right.

Liz
24-Oct-10, 23:08
Got to be Shilton out this week. Penguin stuck in the mud is about right.

Well the penguin is out! He seemed to think he was pretty good.:confused

billmoseley
01-Nov-10, 15:52
is it time ann bowed out and let the real dancers have a chance? because if she doesn't i can just see the public making her the winner. :roll:

billmoseley
12-Dec-10, 17:18
so come on 1 week to go who will it be?

John Little
12-Dec-10, 17:25
Kara - dead cert!

billmoseley
12-Dec-10, 17:46
not so sure john i think it's close run thing this year. matt still gets my vote. i think alot of older men might go for pam. but over all i think kara is the best dancer but not sure she will win

John Little
12-Dec-10, 17:59
I agree it's close. But Matt has his off moments like Friday. And Pamela is a game lady but for athleticism I do not think she can match Kara.

She is a gifted dancer and has performed consistently best of all. I'd be surprised if she did not win.

But for age I'd love to see Pam do it.....

Kodiak
12-Dec-10, 18:51
Pamela...........I do not want her to win. I would love Matt to win but I do not think he will be there next week.

If that is the case I would like Kara to win.

Results in just over an hour so we will know soon who is in the final.

billmoseley
12-Dec-10, 20:37
the right 3 got though now alot will depend on the show dance. look out for matt and kara in that

Kodiak
12-Dec-10, 20:51
I will be keeping my fingers crossed for Matt to win

http://i56.tinypic.com/2enycmv.jpg

Venture
13-Dec-10, 01:08
Kara to win. Great dancer.:)

changilass
13-Dec-10, 01:26
If its the best dancer to win, then no one will touch Kara.

If its a popularity contest then anyone could win.

billmoseley
20-Dec-10, 19:59
not sure the right dancer won. on the night i think pam was the best but over all kara was good but so was matt. but a great series. but next year ditch Bruce i think

John Little
20-Dec-10, 20:42
Oh I think the best one won of the two. What Len said about Matt's 'dance' was true. Lots of flashy and less dance.

But as for 'dance' I think Pam did the best of the last 3. 61 eh?

Not bad :)