PDA

View Full Version : Bain/Waiter/Water

tiffers
01-Oct-10, 19:47
Has anyone got the dates of death for John Bain Leanmore Watten born feb 1772 in Watten also his wife Isabella Waiter /waters born c 1785 I know that Isabella died Dec 1851 as a notice of her death is in the in the John o’Groats Journal. Any help much appreciated.

cuthill
01-Oct-10, 23:52
Is it John Bain and Isabella Waiter,if it is this is there children
Barbara Bain b 15/08/1804 Watten
Peter Bain b 05/01/1807 ------
William Bain b 23/01/1809 -------
Alexander Bain b 22/11/1810 ------
Margaret Bain b 22/11/1810 ------
John Bain b 24/03/1812 ------
Isobel bain b 08/11/1818.

scotsannie
02-Oct-10, 22:44
Hi There, John and Isabella are my 4x Gt Grandad and Granny, I am working on them just now. I don't have any death dates as yet,
Their children were

Katharen born 1799 no trace of her anywhere
Elizabeth born 1801
Barbara born 1804
Peter born 1807
William born 1809
Alexander born 1810
Margaret his twin
John born 1810 (my 3 x gt grandad
George born 1814
Bessey born 1816 no trace of her anywhere
Isabella born 1818
David born 1820
Joseph born 1823
If you need further details, i.e marriage and children let me know. if I come across John and Isabella's death dates I will let you know.

tiffers
03-Oct-10, 11:13
Thanks for your replies , I have 14 children for John Bain and Isobel waiter another child George was born 1814 Christening date 30 July 1814 Watten.
The data I have on this family is:
Elizabeth married- William Sutherland and had 8 children
Barbara married - Hugh Sutherland and had 5 children ( I wonder were they brothers)
Peter married Isobel Mccadie 2 children
William -I have nothing on him
Alexander -married Matilda Davis 5 children
Margaret - Nothing for her (I think she maybe of died young)
John -married Janet Keith 11 children ( Johns brother George married Janets sister Margaret Keith

George- This George has to have died very young
Bessey- nothing for her
Isabella - married sinclair Shearer 2 children
George Bain - married Margaret Keith 6 children ( my husbands 2x g grandparents )
David - Nothing for him
Joseph - married Ann Mason
Katherine -nothing for her
So if anyone can help to fill in the missing parts , that would be great
Many Thanks

scotsannie
03-Oct-10, 18:26
Hi Tiffers,

Alexander married Matilda Bowie(nee Davies) she already had a child Catherine. Alexander and Matilda had. 1. Eliza born 1846 no record of her reaching womanhood.2 Isabella bapt 10th Feb 1849 she married James Brander, she was head of Carlisle High School (England) and about 1870 she and James went to Madras India where she became School Inspectress and established a Lecture Ship for Indian Ladies.3 Alexander born 1850 went to America where he became and Estate Agent, he died on board ship entering New York Harbour (don't know the date)4Henry his twin believed to have died in infancy, on one of the census it showed a baby born 1849 but not named. George born 1814 bapt 30th July died 28th Nov 1900 aged 88yrs myself and others haven't found another George. Joseph and Ann no children found. Hope this is what you are looking for.

scotsannie
03-Oct-10, 18:27
Hi, Forgot to say Hugh and William were brothers.

tiffers
04-Oct-10, 11:18
Hi Scotsannie
Thanks for info on John & Isabellas family. I have all the info on Alexander and Matilda and their family the only birth that I didnt find was Eliza born 1846, do you know where she was born? Somebody did tell me it was Scotland but i couldnt find her birth.The rest were all born in London, Matilda died 1856 in London, I have been meaning to go to the reg office to get her death cert but just havent had the time to do it yet.
The reason that i thought that there was 14 children was on Georges death cert it states his age as 71 years which would make him being born 1829 I know that age can be out by several years on certs but I thought 15 years was a lot , so it would seem that the George b 1814 is the George that died 1900 and who married Margaret Keith which is my husbands 2x grandparents. Their Dau Margaret married Joseph Bain in 1870 in Wick which sets me on another trail of Bains which can become very confusing at times.
Yes I thought that Hugh and William could be brothes.
Tiffers

scotsannie
05-Oct-10, 20:00
Hi Tiffers, Eliza was born in Middlesex but haven't started researching her at the moment. I did however come across the name of the baby on my paperwork, thanks for the other information on Henry and Eliza. Will let you know if I come up with anything.

scotsannie
05-Oct-10, 20:47
Hi Tiffers, Just found a death for a Henry Washington Bain 26th June 1865 aged 16yrs buried at Kensal Green All Souls.

tiffers
05-Oct-10, 22:12
Hi Scotsannie
Yes I found that also and i am almost certain that its him, I was checking up the address where he was on the 1861 census and came across this bit of info on the establisment

"This locality is also a favourite spot for charitable institutions. At Clapham Rise was founded, in 1827, the British Orphan Asylum, now located at Slough, near Windsor. The design of this institution is "to board, clothe, and educate destitute children of either sex who are really or virtually orphans, and are descended from parents who have moved in the middle classes of society, such as, for example, children of clergymen, and of members of the legal and medical professions, naval and military officers, merchants, and of other persons who in their lifetime were in a position to provide a liberal education for their children."
The British Home for Incurables, now flourishing at Clapham Rise, was established in 1861, with two objects—to provide a home for life, with good nursing, skilled medical attendance, and all necessary mechanical contrivances for the alleviation of the sufferings and afflictions of the patients; and to grant pensions of £20 per annum for life to those who may have relatives or friends partially able to provide for them, but who are not able wholly to maintain them. All who are afflicted with incurable disease are eligible, without regard to nationality or creed, except the insane, the idiotic, and the pauper class, and those under twenty years of age. The institution extends its operations to all parts of the United Kingdom.
Tiffers