PDA

View Full Version : Shopping

Commore
01-Oct-10, 16:55
Who hates shopping?

I hate busy Glasgow streets or any busy streets, I hate mail order shopping for clothes that seldom if ever fit properly,
I cannot stand the bustle of the shops themselves on busy sales days,

the only thing I like about a shopping trip is the "going home" journey,

this rant comes from an afternoon spent on the internet searching for decent woollen jumpers, oh and a lovely long nightgown that doesn't look like it's fallen off the page of some playboy dollybird.

:)

Iffy
01-Oct-10, 18:36
I'm totally with you there Commore !!

I absolutely detest shopping with a vengance [evil] !! I can't, honestly, remember the last time I was in Inverness. As you say; once I do get there I just want to turn around and go home again !!!

My "rags" and "second-hand" clothes suit me just fine.....:lol:

billmoseley
01-Oct-10, 18:40
shopping is fine. the wife does it all:lol:

joxville
01-Oct-10, 18:46
Glasgow is my favourite place to shop, mainly because it's close to the town of my birth so I'm used to it. Easy to reach by train, also plenty of places to park your car, and the best part is I don't have to repeat myself all the time, a problem I have here in Hampshire.

Kenn
01-Oct-10, 18:47
I avoid shopping when ever possible but unfortunately have to eat!

unicorn
01-Oct-10, 19:05
I absolutely hate shopping, it seems like such a waste of brain power :lol: and christmas and gift shopping are the absolute worst.

bagpuss
01-Oct-10, 22:36
take some comfort from the fact that once the spending review is published; petrol duty rises and VAT goes up to 20% and later 40%, you'll have no spare cash- so get your walking shoes on, lose that weight and find all the stuff you were going to put out- but now find will fit you again.

No-one actually needs to shop- apart from food- do they?

Commore
02-Oct-10, 16:46
Glasgow is my favourite place to shop, mainly because it's close to the town of my birth so I'm used to it. Easy to reach by train, also plenty of places to park your car, and the best part is I don't have to repeat myself all the time, a problem I have here in Hampshire.

Hmm, mine too, however, I still cannot stand the place.
A concrete jungle as far as the eye can see,
give me the wide open, wild country, any day.:)

Commore
02-Oct-10, 16:47
I absolutely hate shopping, it seems like such a waste of brain power :lol: and christmas and gift shopping are the absolute worst.

Concur completely.:)

crayola
02-Oct-10, 17:50
Glasgow is my favourite place to shopMine too. :)

Shopping is good for you and the sky is the limit now that druidism has been recognised as a religion. The shops and crowded streets of Glasgow are my Nirvana. The irony in that is so delicious. Mmmmmmmm. ;)

joxville
02-Oct-10, 17:57
Hmm, mine too, however, I still cannot stand the place.
A concrete jungle as far as the eye can see,
give me the wide open, wild country, any day.:)

Where are you looking from? The city centre still has loads of old buildings, fantastic architecture everywhere, with many places still retaining some of C.R. Mackintosh's style, though I do like a lot of the modern buildings too. Everyone needs a trip to the city to appreciate the countryside more. :)

Commore
02-Oct-10, 19:48
Where are you looking from? The city centre still has loads of old buildings, fantastic architecture everywhere, with many places still retaining some of C.R. Mackintosh's style, though I do like a lot of the modern buildings too. Everyone needs a trip to the city to appreciate the countryside more. :)

I am looking from Sutherland,
and famous as he was, Mackintosh is not my idea of style :)

Dadie
02-Oct-10, 21:59
I would love a good shopping trip...
I can shop till I drop..
But finances say NO!
But give me a day with money and no kids....im a whirlwind in the shops..then im set for the rest of the year happy!
Christmas shopping .. im as happy as the proverbial pig in whatsit:lol: