PDA

View Full Version : It's No Nice Out There !!!

cherokee
01-Oct-10, 16:15
What a lovely start to an autumnal month, eh ?

Heating turned up, electric blanket put back on beds.

Cat/dog just put out for an extremely quick pee then back in again :eek:....

Winter woolies looked out; rain jacket - a must !

Lights on very early - even during the day !

Soup/stew/casserole for dinner.

Bairnies all wrapped up nice and warm for school.

Flu/cold/sick bug raging at the moment !

Isn't October a lovely month.......(must run and re-new the towel stopping the rain coming in the front door..........ARRGGGGGGHHHH !!!)

annemarie482
01-Oct-10, 16:16
loving it all!!
cosy :D
except the flu/sickbug! eek!

ShelleyCowie
01-Oct-10, 16:25
I love this weather if i dont have to go out in it! :lol: I feel so bad for the posties and bin men, infact anyone who has to work out doors! Well done to them, i couldnt do it!

Anyways today me, Athrun and Jay have gone nowhere. Warm clothes on, cuddles on the couch watching cbeebies under a blanket. Did want to go out visiting but we can do that tomorrow.

Time to get the soup pan out too and put extra blankets on beds. :Razz

changilass
01-Oct-10, 16:26
The roads are interesting, just aquaplaned my way back from Inverness, the wee man thought it was great fun.

Now cosy, watching the flames flicker in the fire, its lovely, just hope hubby don't get blown away on his way home.

John Little
01-Oct-10, 17:03
It's pelting it down here. Got to pick herself up at the station in an hour. She suggested a pub dinner on the way home....

I bet she's too tired and will want to get home, light the fire and have a pizza.....

Corrie 3
01-Oct-10, 17:09
Isn't October a lovely month.......(must run and re-new the towel stopping the rain coming in the front door..........ARRGGGGGGHHHH !!!)
I know when its really bad, I have towels on the window sill and mop by the door..and no, I'm not kidding!!!
My electric blanket only comes off in July and August but funnily enough I do like being out in this gale force weather, it sure clears the head!!
And its nice to come home to the fire and the comfort!!

C3....:)

cherokee
01-Oct-10, 18:19
Just want to add a HUGE THANK YOU to Cairngorm Windows for making me feel quite fit !!!

WHY? - Cos I have to keep running up and down the stairs to check how fill the basins/pans/buckets are with the rain water coming in through the windows which they installed !!!!! [evil][evil][evil]

Not a Happy Bunny !!!

P/S - Sinclair Windows from Wick did an absolute sterling job on our other windows - thoroughly recommend them to anyone who doesn't want their windows to leak........ !!!

manloveswife
01-Oct-10, 18:28
Just want to add a HUGE THANK YOU to Cairngorm Windows for making me feel quite fit !!!

WHY? - Cos I have to keep running up and down the stairs to check how fill the basins/pans/buckets are with the rain water coming in through the windows which they installed !!!!! [evil][evil]

Not a Happy Bunny !!!

After Cairngorm windows quoted for our windows, then decided to double the estimate for our porch windows as the Inverness conservatory division claimed they should do them, I fitted all our own, bought them from a well known diy company with a name like a local town.

Not a drip or draught to be seen or felt, cost a fraction of the price, youve just made me very happy that I did them myself now:D

rupert
02-Oct-10, 00:12
Looking out the window and seeing my poor plants that are just flowering now being smashed to pieces before they have a chance!

Looking out the window and seeing sheets of rain lashing past from the bit of dodgy guttering that still isn't fixed!

Looking out the window and thinking of my poor animals out in this weather (although I dare say they still prefer it out there than being in).

Looking out the window and thinking how cosy and warm it is in here and what a lovely day it was yesterday - life's not so bad after all.