PDA

View Full Version : Found DOG

LoneSomeDove
01-Oct-10, 11:09
Last night at about 8.30pm my daughter came home with a stray dog that she found.
It is a whippet /grey hound type dog, brindle in colour an very very thin.It has a collar which is black leather, which was attached to a chain which in turn was attached to rope.I gave it some food as it was starving, possibly neglected or just managed to get loose.

I contacted the police who came and retrieved the dog, which is now more than likely at the rehoming centre.

If you have lost a dog of this discription then try balmore or wick police station.

The dog was found in the murchison street area of wick.

This is a female.

aurora32
01-Oct-10, 11:56
Poor thing, sounds as though like you say its been neglected especially if that thin, hope Balmore manage to find it a nice new home :)

Liz
02-Oct-10, 12:54
Well done to your daughter for taking care of the dog and,hopefully, it's been reunited with it's owner.

LoneSomeDove
02-Oct-10, 13:05
I hope so, she was a sweet natured dog, but i can say that she was not well looked after. I know these breeds are supposed to be on the thin side, but you could feel the spine.

My daughter is an animal lover and over the years has brought in a few strays which we have helped.

One day it will be a boy:lol::eek:

Liz
02-Oct-10, 13:08
Oh well in that case I hope the poor dog isn't reunited with it's owner but finds a lovely new home where it will be well cared for and loved.

Good for you for helping all the waifs and strays. I'm a bit like your daughter.
Once took a scorrie home on my bike. No mean feat steering with only one hand and avoiding getting bitten!!:lol:

cherokee
02-Oct-10, 15:31
Once took a scorrie home on my bike. No mean feat steering with only one hand and avoiding getting bitten!!:lol:

Just like you Liz, I mind one day a few years back, whilst me and OH were heading into Wick from JOG and I saw a scorrie (which obviously couldn't fly) being attacked by others of it's kind by the side of the road.

I made OH, stop the car and gathered this scorrie into the car, using my jacket and laid it carefully in the passenger foot-well, whilst demanding my OH to drive straight to Wick vet immediately only to find it closed !:(

I then insisted that we drive to Thurso vet's with the scorrie - they were open, but, after a diagnosis by the vet there, they had to put it to sleep, due to a broken pelvis :(. We then visited a relation of mine, who worked at the Royal Hotel, Thurso, and I couldn't stop crying, my cousin thought me quite strange - she kept saying "It was only a scorrie !!!"

Sorry to detract from OP thread BTW !!

I really hope this dog finds someone who can look after him and give him a good home - all animals/birds deserve to be looked after........

unicorn
02-Oct-10, 17:17
Just to make a point here, you can feel my whippet x Bedlingtons spine, but in no way is she malnourished, she only weighs 9kg, just a peedie lass.

Liz
02-Oct-10, 18:06
Just to make a point here, you can feel my whippet x Bedlingtons spine, but in no way is she malnourished, she only weighs 9kg, just a peedie lass.

I was thinking just that this afternoon Unicorn. These dogs are very skinny by nature of the breed.
So, here's hoping the dog just escaped and will be back home soon.:D

Leanne
03-Oct-10, 11:37
I hope so, she was a sweet natured dog, but i can say that she was not well looked after. I know these breeds are supposed to be on the thin side, but you could feel the spine.

That type of breed you are supposed to be able to feel/see the spine. It takes a bit of getting used to for someone used to fat labs.

My dogs are lean and you can see their ribs and spine. They are healthy dogs who are well fed but they just don't carry any spare weight. I wish I could say the same about me ;)

mop top
03-Oct-10, 16:40
Thank you to Lonesome dove for taking the time to look after the lurcher until i could pick it up. It is very thin and not long had pups by the look of her. She was very timid for the first few days in kennels but coming round now and full of fun. Noone has claimed her yet but she getting lots of tlc.

LoneSomeDove
03-Oct-10, 21:09
Im glad that she is doing well. I hope that you find her a good home and a loving family to live out her life. She was absolutely starving when we took her in, i just hope that the pups she had are ok, they should be aroud mum.
I was hoping that her owner had maybe been looking for her.

Thank you to mop top for taking good care of her.

Sarah
04-Oct-10, 17:03

Mine too, you can feel my greyhounds spine but he is his ideal weight.

Hope the dog manages to find a home.

mop top
07-Oct-10, 20:35
Sadly no owner came forward to claim this lovely girl. i have grown very attached to her during her week in the kennels. She was transferred to her foster mum today and signed over to KWK9 for rehoming, she will appear on their website shortly. Would just like to say though she is a very special dog, very gentle and quiet and clean during her time in kennels. She is a dainty girl who is full of fun and very fast when she takes a mad turn and decides to take off like a rocket! in true lurcher fashion, then she happily sleeps for the next 3-4 hours. She is good with other dogs and would make a fantastic companion. I have named her Micha pronounced Meesha dont ask me why it just suited her:Razz i would estimate she is about 2-3 years old.

Fstevens
08-Oct-10, 18:11
Hello,
I am the lucky foster mum to Mesha*** She is a beautiful little girl, she is quite like a mouse, and mixs well with all my big ones, she is quite overwhelmed if they all jump over her, but she is settling in , goes out quite ONE OF THE BOYS!!! and she can outrun them./

But back to Mesha, she would make some older person a great loving dog, as she is so dainty, very clean, and eats most thing, loves her treats. having said that, she would be just as fine with a family a one to one would be my choice for her,

This is very hard for me, as I adore her, but if I am to keep helping fostering I have to let her go, I would keep her but my hubby said we already have 5 very big dogs
AS much for Mesga sake, please think of my poor old heart.

I will take her tp Pets at Home on Monday I will be there at 2.30. but be warned she will steal your hearts, as she has mine.
Thank you Fay

Liz
08-Oct-10, 19:02
Oh Fay she sounds absolutely gorgeous and well done to you for fostering her.

Sadly, I can't give her a home but really hope someone will give her the loving forever home she deserves.

unicorn
08-Oct-10, 19:04
I had a look at her on the kwk9 site, she looks so comfy sprawled on the chair. I hope she gets a great forever home soon.
You are all doing a great job.
I think this is her at the bottom of the page http://www.kwk9.org/index.asp?pageid=243528

Sarah
08-Oct-10, 19:25
She's beautiful! If only there was a bit more space in the house :(

KWK9 Rescue
08-Oct-10, 20:10
She certainly looks as though she likes her comforts :D

I have updated the website tonight with our sponsors page and also a couple of dogs that have found their forever homes already this month.

Fstevens
09-Oct-10, 10:29
Thank you for all your kind words about Misha, and hopefully she will find her new forever home soon/

It will break my heart to let her go, but she need lots of one to one loving, and I have to draw the line somewhere as to how many dogs I can truly care for.

Here is hoping her home is out there. she is very very special.Fay

Fstevens
10-Oct-10, 11:28
I hope you will all be pleased to know I am going to keep Masha,

cherokee
10-Oct-10, 12:00

What fantastic news !!:)
I'm sure she's just as happy with you as you are with her, so it's lovely to know that she won't have to be uprooted again.

Wishing you many happy years together !
( Here's a huge X for Misha )

teenybash
10-Oct-10, 12:34

Awe Fay......It was meant to be that she was destined to stay with you in your kind loving home......Bless your caring heart where Misha will stay for ever.:)

Liz
10-Oct-10, 13:14

Oh Fay that is brilliant news!! She couldn't have got a better home.:D

LoneSomeDove
10-Oct-10, 14:02
I am glad that she has such a good ending.:) My daughter is well pleased that she has helped this dog by simply caring. she brought her to me knowing i am an animal lover and i am glad we helped her. Please can you psot pics of her in the fututre so we can all see her.

All it takes is one caring person to make such a difference so everyone please if you see a dog that looks like it has no home, then please help it by taking it in and calling the appropriate people.:D

Liz
10-Oct-10, 18:03
LoneSomeDove your daughter and yourself should feel so proud for the part you played in making sure Misha got such a lovely home.:D

unicorn
10-Oct-10, 18:15
Brilliant news Fay, I wish you many years of happiness with her :D