PDA

View Full Version : Good solicitor??

Tilly Teckel
30-Sep-10, 17:58
Can anyone recommend a good solicitor, preferably in Wick, who deals with planning issues please? Need one pretty urgently. Thanks!

wickblast
01-Oct-10, 17:45
Can anyone recommend a good solicitor, preferably in Wick, who deals with planning issues please? Need one pretty urgently. Thanks!
most solicitors up here ar a waist ot time,cant tell the time,or part time,ur better dealing with one from south u wont get any hastle.[lol]

wickblast
02-Oct-10, 07:53
most solicitors up here ar a waist ot time,cant tell the time,or part time,ur better dealing with one from south u wont get any hastle.[lol]yet again someone i know was moveing into a new house yesterday loaded furniture van ready to go guess wat local solisitor&banks at it again mix up with payment couple with young family left stranded with no place to go cant now move in to monday total disgrace.

mums angels
03-Oct-10, 16:27
In all honesty i think the local solicitors are terrible however i had drever and headle deal with a planning issue recently and even though the communication was very poor ( you will have to keep phoning them and dont wait for them to call you back as they dont bother ) however they got the problem dealt with so that all parties were happy .

Big N Rich
08-Oct-10, 22:15
Maybe its just a coincidence that "all local solicitors are terrible". Maybe its you that's the awkward one :lol:. Solicitors don't have the time to call back every person (after all time is money).

Of course it depends on what advice you want Tilly Teckel but I would recommend any of the solicitors in the Caithness area. After all that was your original question.

The best way I would say to improve service up here is to be honest and complain. Write a letter because if you just come on here as an anonymous then this wont help anyone.

mums angels
08-Oct-10, 22:32
Maybe its just a coincidence that "all local solicitors are terrible". Maybe its you that's the awkward one :lol:. Solicitors don't have the time to call back every person (after all time is money).

Of course it depends on what advice you want Tilly Teckel but I would recommend any of the solicitors in the Caithness area. After all that was your original question.

The best way I would say to improve service up here is to be honest and complain. Write a letter because if you just come on here a
s an anonymous then this wont help anyone.

Well true time is money and they dont have time to call everybody backimmediatly but during 12 weeks work and over a dozen phonecalls we never ever got one call back thats more than not having enough time and have to say considering that I was paying them to do a job its a bit of common courtsy to return a phone call at least occasionally .

But like i said they did do the job in the end that we were all happy with so can recommend them when it comes down to a planning issue !
Have used others in the town and one from south and i have always found the one we used in fife to be by far the best for prices , communication and timing .

KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN
09-Oct-10, 07:37
Have used Drever and Heddle for several Proprty transactions and found them to be very helpful and efficient and prices not too bad.

Also used Elaine Robertson in last year for a title deed change and also very efficient , good communication and not too pricey.

However as far as phone calls - it's always better to e-mail them - you have proof of your communication and it allows them to consider your requests and queries and reply accordingly when they are able.

Mostly you can get direct e-mail access thus skipping the "i'll pass the message on stage"

theoneandonlyagain
09-Oct-10, 16:59
Hi would very highly Nigel Jones from Mackenzie & Cormack in Tain i have recommended him to a lot of people all 100% satisfied :)

knittingkitten04
19-Oct-10, 19:13
Would also recommend Elaine Robertson, she handled our house sale recently and was excellent. She replied to my emails almost immediately, even when they were sent before 9 am. V efficient,approachable and has encouraged me to review my cynical attitude towards those in the legal profession!