PDA

View Full Version : help!

miss swanson
30-Sep-10, 17:13
i am flying from inverness to belfast next year, but my passport is out of date. was wondering if my drivers licence would do for id as i am still flying in the uk. help please :)

teddybear1873
30-Sep-10, 17:28
i am flying from inverness to belfast next year, but my passport is out of date. was wondering if my drivers licence would do for id as i am still flying in the uk. help please :)

Plenty time to get your passport renewed. I would think ID would be ok as your traveling withing the UK.

pat
30-Sep-10, 18:19
Driving licence - the one with photograph on it is sufficient to be able to get aboard UK flights. That is the proof many folk over here use as their id when flying to mainland, but check with the airline to ensure it is fine.

Enjoy your trip to Belfast

veekay
30-Sep-10, 18:28
Apparently flying with easyjet you can use an out of date passport as ID for up to 2 years.

ducati
30-Sep-10, 18:45
Apparently flying with easyjet you can use an out of date passport as ID for up to 2 years.

I once had to board a flight at Gatwick to go to Edinburgh with an 8 year out of date passport (I'd temp. mislaid my driving licence). They were definatley not going to let me on the flight. My credentials for negotiation and general blagging were tested almost to the limit, but I got on. :cool:

silverlady
30-Sep-10, 18:57
Contact your airline and check with them, probably Flybe, as someone I know flew from Inverness to Belfast last week with them. They had a passport with them so no problem.

Dadie
30-Sep-10, 19:11
I wouldnt wait and chance it with the drivers licence... the ID accepted may change (due to terrorist attacks planned by IRA etc...)at short notice before you fly and leave you scuppered with no time to get a new passport.

But thats my opinion....:)

bish667
01-Oct-10, 12:31
Flying internally anywhere in the UK you just need valid photo ID.
I flew from Inverness to Belfast a few weeks ago and I just had a photo driving license.

Scarybiscuits03
01-Oct-10, 15:44
Any photo id will do passport, driving license, citizencard and depending on the airline - Im guessing you are using Flybe, will accept an out of date passport as long as its within 2 years of the expiry date.

Good luck and enjoy!