PDA

View Full Version : Clouded mind

Kenn
24-Jul-06, 22:30
"Be quick, look west," I cry
See the dragon flaming in the azure sky.
Too slow, you did not see
The magic and the mystery.

Northwest a mare with streaming tail
A Viking ship with crimson sail.
"What. still you do not see?"
Then sit and watch the sky with me.

Now a dolphin sumersaults way high
A gentle face appears with golden eye.
"Ah now I see ,what was just a cloud to me
Blown on the wind becomes a rowan tree."

Ann
24-Jul-06, 22:38
Thank you for that poem Lizz; delightful!

cuddlepop
25-Jul-06, 20:56
I love watching clouds,its amazing what you can see in the shapes.Ithink there's a web site somewhere dedicated to cloud watchers.It wasn't that long ago it was on the web news how happy it makes you feel especially kids.Must still be a big kid:lol:

Lolabelle
26-Jul-06, 02:06
You gave me goosebumps, I still love to lay in long grass and watch the clouds. I was always doing this when I was a kid and teenager. We lived on a farm and I would lay in the long dry grass and you could only see the sky. It was so relaxing. I don't do it much these days as I am always so busy. It is cloudy today (overcast & cold) or I think I would just drop everything and go lie in the grass and watch the clouds roll by.

sjwahwah
26-Jul-06, 02:56
beautiful poem lizz... i LOVE clouds and Caithness has the best clouds in the world! in fact my avatar is a picture drawn by my husband.. trying to explain to me why the caithness "ceiling" appears so dramatically as it does.... well... the pic was after a bottle of wine...or two..:)

keep up the good verses!

sassylass
26-Jul-06, 03:40
Some of my fondest memories, also, are of laying in the grass watching the clouds take shape...there's nothing like it.

but sjwahwah, I would have guessed your avatar is the sole of a dog's foot whilst standing on a tightrope...no?

sjwahwah
26-Jul-06, 04:03
Some of my fondest memories, also, are of laying in the grass watching the clouds take shape...there's nothing like it.

but sjwahwah, I would have guessed your avatar is the sole of a dog's foot whilst standing on a tightrope...no?

that is a great interpretation!... never did understand what he was goin' on about anyways :D