PDA

View Full Version : Thurso bridge

fingalmacool
29-Sep-10, 19:32
Whats e crack on the thurso bridge tonight, snarl up seemed to go on for ever, Workmen didn't seem to know how to set up a light system to control the traffic, PLONKERS:confused

scotland
29-Sep-10, 20:13
:mad:theres only 1 plonker writing crap which they dont know enything about

fingalmacool
29-Sep-10, 20:25

Spill the beans numnuts and make it snappy:confused

SPELL CHECK PLEASE:confused

Corrie 3
29-Sep-10, 20:26
theres only 1 plonker writing crap which they dont know enything about
I am confused.....So the plonker workmen were writing crap instead of setting up the traffic lights, is this correct?
They need reporting to their Boss if thats the case!!

C3....:mad:;)[lol]

fingalmacool
29-Sep-10, 21:37
Ok lets have another go, maybe i was a bit facetious about the issue, so with this in mind, i will rephrase. "Oh my my what was to do at the bridge tonight, there was terrible hold ups and the poor workmen were run off their feet trying to sort out the mess, it seemed that cars were sitting while the lights were showing them they could go but alas traffic continued to come in the opposite direction, so chaos ensued, i hope none of the workmen were harassed, or hurt, and go down with stress because of the foul ups, it cant be helped, electrical inanimate objects have a habit of doing whatever they want from time to time and nothing can be done to sort these things out. So if anyone that was part of the unavoidable snarl up can explain then the minions of Thurso will be happy to hear it.

And leaves have been used by the rail network so none of that just because it is Autumn:confused

joxville
29-Sep-10, 21:40

An excellent first post. :roll:

upolian
29-Sep-10, 21:40
Spill the beans numnuts and make it snappy:confused

SPELL CHECK PLEASE:confused

LOOOOL straight to the point.

bekisman
29-Sep-10, 22:44
Yep, must admit I was wondering what was up, came in (for fish & chips from Reids) past the high school and down Princess street - cars backed up to the Railway station!
Took an age to clear!

Walter Ego
30-Sep-10, 07:59
Spill the beans numnuts and make it snappy

SPELL CHECK PLEASE

Yes indeed, Numbnuts....

........it seemed that cars were sitting while the lights were showing them they could go but alas traffic continued to come in the opposite direction, so chaos ensued............

Which shifts the blame away from the 'plonkers' somewhat. Ignorant and selfish drivers would appear to be the 'plonkers' in this case.

Here's your original post:

Whats e crack on the thurso bridge tonight, snarl up seemed to go on for ever, Workmen didn't seem to know how to set up a light system to control the traffic, PLONKERS:confused

I hear pedals spinning backwards......dontcha just love this place[lol]

bish667
30-Sep-10, 12:05
I got stuck at the light a couple of times last night in a friend's car.
While waiting at the bridge the light only went green for about 5 seconds which was not enough time for more than a couple of cars to get through, when there was a very long queue this wasnt helping much, glad i wasn't driving :lol:

fingalmacool
30-Sep-10, 15:35
Yes indeed,
Numbnuts....

Which shifts the blame away from the 'plonkers' somewhat. Ignorant and selfish drivers would appear to be the 'plonkers' in this case.

Here's your original post:

I hear pedals spinning backwards......
dontcha just love this place[lol]

If anyone has to explain the urine take it kind of spoils fun for every one, so i am going to type slowly for you, pay attention now, for here it comes.
Maybe there was green lights on at both ends at the same time, there i said it. now mull it over and get back to me:confused

John Little
30-Sep-10, 15:49
I was just wondering if there are any workmen in charge of putting lights on Thurso bridge on this thread.....

fingalmacool
30-Sep-10, 19:24
I was just wondering if there are any workmen in charge of putting lights on Thurso bridge on this thread.....

A blidy hope na, bridge is snarled up again GRRRRRR, lol:confused

Dorrie
30-Sep-10, 19:40
I came through the light system twice today and yes the traffic WAS backed up. What was interesting was the way the cars who were going through the lights at town centre, continued to go even when they SAW that they were not going to get through so they sat in the middle of the intersection! Clever? Not very!

The traffic light system set up on the bridge is supposed to allow cars to go both ways at the same time but a lot of the cars didn't seem to believe that they could manage it, some could and it worked fine, then someone would sit because they didn't think they had room! Madness indeed.

Maybe we would all rather have the potholes every day than a few days where we have to wait a bit longer to cross the bridge?

Corrie 3
30-Sep-10, 19:50
Tell these impatient so and so's John what its like to sit on the M25 for hours every night of the year trying to get home.
Some people dont know how lucky they are when it comes to driving!!

Arrrr!! so you had to wait a few minute sat traffic lights didums? Never mind, get the Missus to give you a massage when you finally get home to de-stress your poor bodies !!
Whinge, whinge, whinge!!!!

C3....[evil][evil][evil]

wkgeorge
30-Sep-10, 19:56
Well said Dorrie, we all complain about the state of the roads and then when something is being done about it we are still moaning, not happy some of us unless we're moaning.

John Little
30-Sep-10, 20:03
Tell these impatient so and so's John what its like to sit on the M25 for hours every night of the year trying to get home.
Some people dont know how lucky they are when it comes to driving!!

Arrrr!! so you had to wait a few minute sat traffic lights didums? Never mind, get the Missus to give you a massage when you finally get home to de-stress your poor bodies !!
Whinge, whinge, whinge!!!!

C3....[evil][evil][evil]

LOL! I have been caught on the M25 and steer clear of it if I can. You do not tempt the dragon of the M25 unless you have to.

I use the M20 to and from work.

My friends, you know nothing of traffic jams until you have been caught in Operation Stack. And I have. Several times.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Stack

Truly this is Hell on earth.

Walter Ego
30-Sep-10, 20:32
If anyone has to explain the urine take it kind of spoils fun for every one, so i am going to type slowly for you, pay attention now, for here it comes.
Maybe there was green lights on at both ends at the same time, there i said it. now mull it over and get back to me:confused

Maybe?

Keep pedalling, keep pedalling.......[lol]

gav1
30-Sep-10, 20:44
from what i have seen its alot to do with people jumping red lights and people who cant drive, maybe a police matter. Never mind the A9 is shut from Monday night at berriedale maybe transport scotland should take this attitude with all road works

Jeid
30-Sep-10, 23:08
Haha, this thread made me lol... Cheers Mr Macool

fingalmacool
01-Oct-10, 00:26
My work is done here now so its onwards and round wards to the next riveting topic:confused

Walter Ego
01-Oct-10, 08:31
My work is done here now so its onwards and round wards to the next riveting topic:confused

Or maybe not if people don't stop coming from the opposite direction:Razz

Thorfin
01-Oct-10, 11:23
folk are never happy honestly they moaned at the state of the road with pot holes all over it and when they start to repair it at night :confused may I add they get moaned at also, I for one is pleased with a lovely road surface to drive on at last. well done the workers :Razz

fingalmacool
01-Oct-10, 16:39
folk are never happy honestly they moaned at the state of the road with pot holes all over it and when they start to repair it at night :confused may I add they get moaned at also, I for one is pleased with a lovely road surface to drive on at last. well done the workers :Razz

Yes and well done the Orgers for not taking themselves seriously, well a few did, but maybe thats another thread:confused

John Little
01-Oct-10, 16:41

Are they riveting the bridge now?

That'll cost a pretty penny.....

Walter Ego
02-Oct-10, 07:31
Yes and well done the Orgers for not taking themselves seriously, well a few did, but maybe thats another thread:confused

Any further back and you'll be a dot on the horizon my strangely garbed chum.......