PDA

View Full Version : Pollack!

Saveman
24-Jul-06, 19:06
There was a massive shoal of pollack last night near e trinkie.....pity most of them were only wee nippers so they went back in, but a friend of mine got one big one worth frying....

It's not often you catch a fish with every cast......the poor wee pollack couldn't resist the big shiny lure! Got three mackeral as well.

Tugmistress
24-Jul-06, 22:29
nice one saveman :)
there's a lot of wee coley and pollack around here too, but you can almost guarantee a feast of macky on an incoming tide (take your bbq with you)!

bigjjuk
25-Jul-06, 09:45
advice guys??? can i catch mackeral from the shore??? im in staxigoe and need tips to reel em in please or pollack for that matter

Tugmistress
25-Jul-06, 10:10
I have never fished that side jim, sorry, but if it is the same as here then yes you should be able to get them from shore. with macky just be prepared when you hit a shoal to have your hokkais filled in seconds and they all like to swim different directions whilst reeling them in so you could have a few knots lol.
with pollack i usually deep spin from the shore, but don't let it dive and take you into the rocks or kelp!

ice box
25-Jul-06, 12:11
advice guys??? can i catch mackeral from the shore??? im in staxigoe and need tips to reel em in please or pollack for that matterGo over to longberry you will catch more mackeral than you could handle and you my get a big pollack if your lucky ;)

Rubha_an_Tuir
25-Jul-06, 13:34
When We were weans fishing off the shore, we'd catch "cuddies" which I assume are Coalfish? Pollack were a red fish. And what were "blung"??

bosco
02-Aug-06, 12:50
Where in wick or thurso can i and my 2 girls aged 12 and 7 do a bit of sea fishing for mackeral from shore and the best time, as we are coming up on sat 5th august and is feathers best or what:cool:

pedromcgrory
02-Aug-06, 13:42
best bet we kids is the pier at scrabster when tides in and use feathers yes you will get plenty of mackeral