PDA

View Full Version : Friends And Crocodiles

Anfield
29-Sep-10, 11:07
Not the Stephen Poliakoff drama, but a nice story about how a Costa Rican fisherman has forged a unique friendship with a crocodile. See Here (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-11424547)

Metalattakk
29-Sep-10, 12:23
One day, it will eat him 'til he's dead.

Mark my words.

golach
29-Sep-10, 12:26
That Croc is not daft........its waiting for the fisherman to fatten up a bit......then :eek:

billmoseley
29-Sep-10, 14:42
it's a wild animal it's only a matter of time i feel before he's lunch

porshiepoo
29-Sep-10, 14:54
I don't know so much you guys!
I would think that it's extremely rare that a crocodile would show such affinity with a human in the first place and for 20 years, the mind boggles.
Maybe one day it will kill him but after 20 years I'd have thought he'd have done it by now if it was going to.

Just watching the things that crocodile lets him do makes me feel nervous but he must trust it. :eek:

Kinda gives you a different perspective on crocodiles though doesn't it? I'd love to know why it doesn't attack him.
I'd also love to know if it would be so friendly to any other human being or if this guy really is a one off! Guess there's no takers for that wee experiment though!

teddybear1873
29-Sep-10, 15:43
The croc is probably drugged to the eye balls just for the show........Either that or the man is.

Here's a link to a woman who killed this big gator 25 miles up the road from me. There has has been a few incidents with gators in this area the last year or so.

http://www.theoaklandpress.com/articles/2010/09/18/news/doc4c94c3639dd77136780654.txt#photo1

Serenity
29-Sep-10, 16:17
What a cruel way to kill an animal! And for fun!? I see they give out licenses so I guess the thinking is the population needs to be controlled. But not like that, surely.

teddybear1873
29-Sep-10, 16:28
What a cruel way to kill an animal! And for fun!? I see they give out licenses so I guess the thinking is the population needs to be controlled. But not like that, surely.

Well this is the deep south, they kill humans for sport here.